PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] My Folder Icons won't listen to me!...

Randypan
June 3rd, 2009, 01:27 AM
Hi everybody,

I have a Documents folder on my external drive- which is set to automatically mount on start-up. I've linked this folder to my desktop and set some jpg as its icon. I then set some other cool jpgs as icons for the first layer of subfolders of the Documents directory. Everything's fine up to this point...
The trouble starts when I try to go to deeper subfolders (say, the contents of my Music subfolder of that Documents folder) and set up custom icons. Just as I did with the above, I right click on the folder, go to properties and change the icon to a certain picture. The changes do take effect at first, but when I reboot my computer the aforementioned folder icons turn back to the stupid default yellow Human icon.

I've searched all over the web for a solution to this, or at least someone with a similar problem but couldn't find anything.

Please help, I want to display the cover art on my music albums and I can't.
Thanks

Randypan
June 9th, 2009, 02:49 AM
I unmounted a different, seemingly unrelatated partition to the one that gave me trouble and I found out that my system can' t tell wich of these two partitions is which.

More on this problem in this thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=7424540#post7424540