PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] help with live usb

charmint
June 2nd, 2009, 11:19 PM
i got a live usb of super ubuntu from a friend. How do i get my dell diamention 2350 to install/run from it?

well i got an old dell to mess around with. only has an internal cd drive no dvd. I have an external dvd drive/burner. How ver this dell wont install stuff from the external dvd drive. So i have gotten a super os (formly super ubuntu) live usb.

Problems is i cant get the dell to boot from it either. This dell has never had its bios updated. Problem there the dell site page for updating the bios never loads. once i hit the download butten i get an message saying the page no longer exsit.

Using an outdated bios the reason i cant get the live usb to work?

utnubuuser
June 3rd, 2009, 08:06 AM
Why not simply download the Ubuntu liveCD (can you get super os as a live CD?) and burn a disk on the external drive if you've got a cd drive on the laptop you can boot from?

There are ways of using the usb if bios wont support it. Don't know the exact procedure, but I've come across articles about it while surfing.

charmint
June 3rd, 2009, 10:11 PM
super os is ubuntu with video working ablities as well as other program i can't get to work on ubuntu. super os is too large to fit on a cd.