haiku
netbsd
freebsd
minix 3
opensolaris

just some of the ones i have installed on my computer

cmay
June 2nd, 2009, 03:54 PM
i use open solaris as office on my new computer.i also had solaris 10 installed for some time. i have a minix installation on one of my oldest computers and i have tried freeBSD ,pcBSD and desktopBSD.

other than that i have not tried any unix or unix-likes.. i read a lot about unix since i got some books about unix from a library sale so i have no linux books.

DBrocks
June 2nd, 2009, 04:14 PM
Not sure if these count, but since linux is a cousin to Unix, I have tried in the past, but not used all the time:

Puppy
Knoppix
Debian
Slackware

'Till I finally settled down on Ubuntu

bashveank
June 2nd, 2009, 04:46 PM
Haiku
NetBSD
FreeBSD
Debian
Solaris
Open Solaris
Ubuntu
OS X
RHEL

baseface
June 2nd, 2009, 05:06 PM
free/net/openbsd
hp-ux (daily)
aix
tenix
linux
RiscOS

cmay
June 2nd, 2009, 05:17 PM
free/net/openbsd
hp-ux (daily)
aix
tenix
linux
RiscOS
can you get those for free somewhere or are they all commercial systems -> hp-ux aix tenix ?

it reminds me i have also tried old UNIX archive with a system V ported for the intel processors but only for a short while as a live cd so i dont think it counts. and once i was very close to buying a mac and the woman who was trying to sell me it let me try play wiht it for 5 minuttes so that does not count eihter.

i have only tried installing and actually using minix bsd and open solaris and solaris 10.
if linux counts i have tried many many different linux systems other than the source based distrubutions i think i know most of them if not by experieence then by name.

stimpack
June 2nd, 2009, 05:18 PM
Some OS running on Sun workstations at University in the 90s, I assume that was Solaris, either way, that is where my affair with *nix started and is also the only other *nix flavor I have tried aside from Linux :).

hyperdude111
June 2nd, 2009, 06:17 PM
Well many types of linux
Mac OSX
Free BSD

baseface
June 2nd, 2009, 06:19 PM
can you get those for free somewhere or are they all commercial systems -> hp-ux aix tenix ?

it reminds me i have also tried old UNIX archive with a system V ported for the intel processors but only for a short while as a live cd so i dont think it counts. and once i was very close to buying a mac and the woman who was trying to sell me it let me try play wiht it for 5 minuttes so that does not count eihter.

i have only tried installing and actually using minix bsd and open solaris and solaris 10.
if linux counts i have tried many many different linux systems other than the source based distrubutions i think i know most of them if not by experieence then by name.

hp-ux is HP's unix. version 11i v3 is the latest and its very expensive but rightfully so. v2 is a lot cheaper.

aix is ibm's unix and is also expensive.

tenix was only available thru UCS (universal computer systems) and im not sure if you can even still license it... and if you can, well... i hope your soul is worth a lot because youre going to have to sell it in order to afford it.

i have a guy who has refurbished hp workstations with your choice of hp-ux 10 and 11i-11i v3 available. the v3 workstations are really expensive. id recommend going with v2. if you want when i get home i can get his number for you.

gashcr
June 2nd, 2009, 06:19 PM
mmm,

net, free, pc - BSD
OpenSolaris
OSX
way too many flavors of Linux :P

MichaelSammels
June 2nd, 2009, 06:21 PM
Ubuntu
Kubuntu
Xubuntu
Edubuntu
Goubuntu
Ubuntu Netbook Remix

Debian
Gentoo
CentOS
Slackware
Slax
openSUSE
SUSE
Mandrive
Puppy Dog
DamnSmall Linux
PCLinuxOS
YellowDog

Red Hat Linux 9 (Shrike)
Fedora Core 1
Fedora Core 5
Fedora Core 10

CentOS as well, for my Webserver. I need to get a life. :P

LookTJ
June 2nd, 2009, 06:30 PM
BSD(Free/PC)
Linux(Ubuntu, Arch, many others)

cmay
June 2nd, 2009, 06:31 PM
hp-ux is HP's unix. version 11i v3 is the latest and its very expensive but rightfully so. v2 is a lot cheaper.

aix is ibm's unix and is also expensive.

tenix was only available thru UCS (universal computer systems) and im not sure if you can even still license it... and if you can, well... i hope your soul is worth a lot because youre going to have to sell it in order to afford it.

i have a guy who has refurbished hp workstations with your choice of hp-ux 10 and 11i-11i v3 available. the v3 workstations are really expensive. id recommend going with v2. if you want when i get home i can get his number for you.
i cant afford any of these but i like to study the different unix systems i can get for free somehow. thats why the list is narrow and limited to only solaris and bsd. i have found a couple of links for old distributions of system V but its not something i can actually use.
i just want to see what they are like if i can get a chance at it.

hyperdude111
June 2nd, 2009, 06:34 PM
Ubuntu
Kubuntu
Xubuntu
Edubuntu
Goubuntu
Ubuntu Netbook Remix

Debian
Gentoo
CentOS
Slackware
Slax
openSUSE
SUSE
Mandrive
Puppy Dog
DamnSmall Linux
PCLinuxOS
YellowDog

Red Hat Linux 9 (Shrike)
Fedora Core 1
Fedora Core 5
Fedora Core 10

CentOS as well, for my Webserver. I need to get a life. :P

You just listed multiple types of Linux and no other system eg. solaris, osx, bsd