PDA

View Full Version : Rocking Windows 8

monsterstack
June 2nd, 2009, 06:33 AM
Sod your Windows 7. I'm rocking the very latest pre-pre-pre 0.1-Alpha edition of Windows 8. Smooth ride, I can tell you. Boots fast, defrags fast, loads applications fast. Just about everything about it blows the pants off Windows 7. 2010 will be the year of Windows on the desktop. The features are just incredible. I'm sorry but Windows 7 is great and all if you don't mind sacrificing some professional business enterprise poweruser pro features, but for the vast majority of people it's just not ready for prime time. This will finally put the nail in the coffin of Windows 7. Keep using your doomed OS, noobs, I'm living the high life with Windows 8: best distro ever.

keplerspeed
June 2nd, 2009, 06:39 AM
What makes you think that win 8 is different from win 7? the both run the same kernel.. and win 7 is still under development!

Either way, its still windows.

Giant Speck
June 2nd, 2009, 06:41 AM
:facepalm:

Watch. People will believe it, too.

jelle_
June 2nd, 2009, 06:42 AM
they planned to release windows 8 three years AFTER windows 7. How can they release beta's???????

amitabhishek
June 2nd, 2009, 06:52 AM
Didn't knew they were planning another baby so soon!!!

etnlIcarus
June 2nd, 2009, 06:57 AM
sudo aptitude install senseofhumour

error

dependency brain unsatisfiable

FuturePilot
June 2nd, 2009, 06:59 AM
LOL :lolflag:

djdarrin91
June 2nd, 2009, 07:01 AM
Actually if i wanted to hear about windows anything i would go to a windows forum not a Ubuntu forum.just my 2 cents.

Pogeymanz
June 2nd, 2009, 07:16 AM
Actually if i wanted to hear about windows anything i would go to a windows forum not a Ubuntu forum.just my 2 cents.

I would actually disagree. For some reason, I have more faith in people on a Linux forum. I guess it's just because I learned much more about Windows after I installed Linux than in the 10 years I actually used it.

MikeTheC
June 2nd, 2009, 07:25 AM
sudo aptitude install senseofhumour

error

dependency brain unsatisfiable
ROFLLOLOMG...

Um, what etnlIcarus said.

I would actually disagree. For some reason, I have more faith in people on a Linux forum. I guess it's just because I learned much more about Windows after I installed Linux than in the 10 years I actually used it.
I can appreciate the sentiment. I understood more about how the graphical Windows environment worked by having already used a Mac for years than did the faithful existing Microsoft customers when Win3.1 was released.

Of course, thanks to a professor friend of mine early on and then other friends in high school later on, I came to understand more about DOS (though I am by no means an expert or even a power user) than most people who used it at the time.

I always thought that particular irony was cool.

monsterstack
June 2nd, 2009, 07:49 AM

You know, that's been my experience as well. Just never considered it before.

meborc
June 2nd, 2009, 07:58 AM
well.. i have been playing with the very pre-pre-pre-alpha of ubuntu 21.04 ... and it will blow your mind :D

MikeTheC
June 2nd, 2009, 08:01 AM
*steps out of TARDIS*

*holds up copy of Windows XIV 1-3 Person Home Limited Edition*

This takes 24GB of RAM, 8 i10 Octo-Core CPUs at 6GHz, a 8TB HDD, and you don't even want to know what kind of graphics card.

*gets back into TARDIS and disappears again*

Giant Speck
June 2nd, 2009, 08:02 AM
*steps out of TARDIS*

*holds up copy of Windows XIV 1-3 Person Home Limited Edition*

This takes 24GB of RAM, 8 i10 Octo-Core CPUs at 6GHz, a 8TB HDD, and you don't even want to know what kind of graphics card.

*gets back into TARDIS and disappears again*

I tried that. The computer-to-brain interface is lovely, except for the part where it randomly dele

monsterstack
June 2nd, 2009, 08:12 AM
I tried that. The computer-to-brain interface is lovely, except for the part where it randomly dele

Intel's OctoCores aren't very well supported for brain computing. I went for AMD's Candlejack X9 instea

Giant Speck
June 2nd, 2009, 08:18 AM
Intel's OctoCores aren't very well supported for brain computing. I went for AMD's Candlejack X9 instea

I see what you did th

etnlIcarus
June 2nd, 2009, 08:21 AM
Wow, CandleJack. That meme hasn't been used since, what, 200

monsterstack
June 2nd, 2009, 08:24 AM
Wow, CandleJack. That meme hasn't been used since, what, 200

The prequel to 300? Loved that film. "THIS IS LYCURGUS!" So many lols.

etnlIcarus
June 2nd, 2009, 08:25 AM
Dude, you just broke the sequence of posts!

monsterstack
June 2nd, 2009, 08:28 AM
Dude, you just broke the sequence of posts!

Yeah I know. It's weird. It's like when you're playing a video game about fighting and you manage to score a succession of hits on your opponent and then suddenly miss.