PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cannot enter WebGUI with Transmission 1.61

mocka
June 1st, 2009, 09:01 PM
I have recently installed Transmission 1.61. Eventhough I edit the settings.json file and set the right values, I can not access the WebGUI from specified port. Anyhow, when I enter the standard url (http://192.168.0.185:9091/transmission/webgui (note the port)), it shows up a page that displays the following:

403: Forbidden

Unauthorized IP Address.

Either disable the IP address whitelist or add your address to it.

If you're editing settings.json, see the 'rpc-whitelist' and 'rpc-whitelist-enabled' entries.

If you're still using ACLs, use a whitelist instead. See the transmission-daemon manpage for details.

What should I do to get it right?

I have tried both to disable whitelist and whitelist my own ip there.

gordintoronto
June 2nd, 2009, 03:16 AM
Your server is at 0.185?

To be honest, I don't understand why anybody needs the webgui. Transmission works fine without it.

I have recently installed Transmission 1.61. Eventhough I edit the settings.json file and set the right values, I can not access the WebGUI from specified port. Anyhow, when I enter the standard url (http://192.168.0.185:9091/transmission/webgui (note the port)), it shows up a page that displays the following:

What should I do to get it right?

I have tried both to disable whitelist and whitelist my own ip there.

mocka
June 2nd, 2009, 06:11 AM
Yes, my server is at 192.168.0.185. The reason I need the WebGUI is because I'm running a headless server (ie. a computer without a monitor).

EDIT:

I followed the instructions in this thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1021120&highlight=transmission+json&page=2

I typed the following in terminal:

transmission-daemon -p 9091 -f -T -a 192.168.0.185

That made me able to enter the WebGUI. But then, if I try to turn on the normal daemon (sudo /etc/init.d/transmission-daemon start) I just get the same error as before.

Any suggestions?

mocka
June 4th, 2009, 06:31 AM
Anyone, no?

jvin248
June 30th, 2009, 05:14 AM
I found while testing that I had multiple instances of transmission-daemon running, older ones with prior non-working config files.

Install 'htop' and then scroll down and find lines with 'transmission' and F9 SIGKILL them. You can use regular old 'top' but I find htop works a bit easier.

I couldn't get into the browser gui (401 error), tried your command line you listed and it put up errors (errors I might use to solve the problem - like ports blocked by other programs). I used htop to delete the still open instances I found, then re-ran the command line and it started and I could see the browser gui. Then I found the jason.conf file was changed automatically. I quit the command line version, killed it via htop, and restarted 'transmission-daemon' and it now works.

maybe that helps you.

jnbptst
November 14th, 2009, 11:26 PM
I have the same issue. Although the whitelist is disabled and the authorized IP is set to *.*.*.*, I get a 401 error whenever I try to access the webGUI, whether from the local network or from Internet.

any help?