PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] cannot upload to file hosting sites like mediafire

That Person
June 1st, 2009, 12:49 AM
when i try to upload a file to any file hosting site,
example:megaupload, mediafire,
mozilla freezes and i have to close it,and not able to upload the file(s) to the site.
Version of Mozilla:3.0.10
i need help with this problem.I dont know why it does it.
To see the pics and not have o download 'em, just right click and open in new tab.

nhasian
June 1st, 2009, 01:04 AM
Hello That Person,

i just created an account on mediafire just to test the upload that you were having problems with. here's the 40 megabyte photo of mars from the phoenix lander i just uploaded. it looks like my backyard here in Arizona.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=03118185f334c615d8f14848abf485dde04e75f6 e8ebb871

I used the regular upload tool but i should point out that i have installed sun's java 6. that may be why it worked for me and not for you. alternatively you may want to try their basic uploader tool instead.

bacardiandwatermelon
June 1st, 2009, 01:04 AM
Same thing happens to me, but if you let it do its thing it still works :-)

That Person
June 1st, 2009, 01:15 AM
I have just installed Sun Java 6 Runtime and Sun Java 6 broswer plugin and still get the freeze, guess i have to stick to the basic uploader

kostkon
June 1st, 2009, 02:13 AM
I have just installed Sun Java 6 Runtime and Sun Java 6 broswer plugin and still get the freeze, guess i have to stick to the basic uploader
Did you set it to be the defautl jvm in your system? To do it, open a terminal and give:

sudo update-java-alternatives -s java-6-sun
restart firefox and then check if the advanced uploader now works.

Hope that helps.