PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] instaling umbuntu inside windows :687mb

shadowdevelopment
May 31st, 2009, 11:10 PM
dear techies umbuntu gurus i have a samll problem i have got the iso,s amnd stuff for umbuntu but i had a cd which let me install umbuntu insuide my windows rather than partition and stuff from the live cd could anyone please tell me or take the time to tell what kind of dsk is it that i would need to have to do this agian as i did have the cd i still have a umbuntu iso which is just boot from cd then instal and stuff but could anyone please tell me how to do it from the winodws desktop and download the following prgrams threw the network for the umbuntu to install inside windows reather than partitioning the hdd beside windows and the reason beiong that i have an os selcetor in acrionis partitioner which lets me chose which to install at boot up processes and every time i try to install umbuntu it always deletes the mbr of windows that is why i would rather do a network dual boot of it inside tghe windows desktop i dont mind the downloading beacuase at the momment i have a project to come up soon that will require wep cracking and the laptop that i have is perfect for it umbuntu picks up all drivers on atho and stuff and the wirteless chipset but could anyone give a hint if anywise person has the time ??????????????

Partyboi2
June 1st, 2009, 12:45 AM
Hi, you can use wubi to install ubuntu inside of windows. You can go here (http://wubi-installer.org/) and download the wubi installer and run it, its pretty straight forward on using it, if you get stuck post back and someone hopefully should be able to help.