PDA

View Full Version : The Recession and the Linux World

LesterPalooza
May 31st, 2009, 06:25 PM
Since the world is in a recession, people today are finding alternatives to Windows such as Linux (because they don't want to pay!) Maybe the development of more top-notch, high-quality and attractive games (RPG's MMORPG's RTS and FPS games), will attract Mac and Windows users to Linux. I know it takes time and dedication and money to develop these games - I am not a good programmer but I'm just saying that the future of the Linux world will be bright! This is just a vision of course and it's up to the Linux Community to grab this opportunity and make history! The Linux world's time to shine is now!

P.S. I'll do more research on recent developments for Linux. I think we already have started making top-notch programs to compete proprietary programs.

schauerlich
May 31st, 2009, 06:35 PM
Or, we can keep using whatever OS works best for us, not care what anyone else uses, and get on with our lives.

Tibuda
May 31st, 2009, 06:39 PM
You are suggesting that good MMORPG and FPS games will attract people? What about Regnum Online and Urban Terror?

MikeTheC
May 31st, 2009, 06:41 PM
It's not all about games.

Besides, when one's life becomes little more than a quest for survival, higher functions and more abstract things fall by the wayside. Who gives a **** if a Windows box is an easier virus/malware target when you're struggling to put food on the table for you and your family?