PDA

View Full Version : Google earth does not manage street view

Screwdriver0815
May 31st, 2009, 03:50 PM
Hi,

I have installed the Google Earth Package from the Medibuntu Repositories (its
Google Earth 5.0.11337.1968 (beta) ) - must be the most up to date version in the repo.

Anyway: it does not manage the street view. I have activated the streetview and it keeps on loading... and loading... and loading. Its loading for an hour now (at a DSL 6000 connection).
Sometimes some of these camera-symbols come up and disappear again in some streets and when I manage to click on it, the whole view gets destroyed but the program does not crash.

Any suggestions? Is the Medibuntu-package broken? Should I rather install the .bin from the Googleearth homepage?

Thanks in Advance
Steffen

dragos240
May 31st, 2009, 03:58 PM
Hi,

I have installed the Google Earth Package from the Medibuntu Repositories (its
Google Earth 5.0.11337.1968 (beta) ) - must be the most up to date version in the repo.

Anyway: it does not manage the street view. I have activated the streetview and it keeps on loading... and loading... and loading. Its loading for an hour now (at a DSL 6000 connection).
Sometimes some of these camera-symbols come up and disappear again in some streets and when I manage to click on it, the whole view gets destroyed but the program does not crash.

Any suggestions? Is the Medibuntu-package broken? Should I rather install the .bin from the Googleearth homepage?

Thanks in Advance
Steffen

It would be more upgraded to install from the official bin. It could have more bugfixes. If it doesn't work, try overclocking.

hyperdude111
May 31st, 2009, 04:04 PM
Well i would guess because you are using the beta and the final version is out.

Screwdriver0815
May 31st, 2009, 04:38 PM
thanks! I have installed the .bin from Google themselves. This works. I thought the file from Google is Beta to, but obviously it isn't anymore...

It would be more upgraded to install from the official bin. It could have more bugfixes. If it doesn't work, try overclocking.
hehe :D the machine has an AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ processor. How much should I overclock it? ;) :D

Frantic_Earthling
June 4th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Same for me here.

I uninstalled the Google Earth version from Medibuntu, which did not have a working Street View function, then installed the .bin version directly from Google.

Problem solved.:)

Thanks.

aurelieng
June 28th, 2009, 07:44 AM
The problem remains after the two last upgrades (now running 5.0.11337.1968-0medibuntu10). Any launchpad report ?

HappyFeet
June 28th, 2009, 07:52 AM
The problem remains after the two last upgrades (now running 5.0.11337.1968-0medibuntu10). Any launchpad report ?

Check and see. ;)

Frantic_Earthling
June 28th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Same for me here.

I uninstalled the Google Earth version from Medibuntu, which did not have a working Street View function, then installed the .bin version directly from Google.

Problem solved.:)

Thanks.

Have you tried the above?

I am running 5.0.11733.9347 from the Google repo. No problems with Street View.