PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu doing a popcorn noise when playing audio

Asimonew
May 31st, 2009, 03:03 PM
Hello guys.

I am getting a noise like like a bad frequency every time I try to play some sound. It is a bit like a :popcorn:(popcorn) noise. Please can some one help me.

Every thing start when I wanted to get some sound from SKYPE. I saw some forums and I found that I should remove a component pulseaudio. Right, I did it and the Skype audio worked. Then I also saw in the forum that I should re-install the pulseaudio otherwise Ubuntu would not start. I did so.

When I start Ubuntu 9.04 again it made the instrange noise of bad frequency. So I tried some combination of install and remove the pulseaudio and none of them worked. Nor even the sounds of the Skype did. I tested some videos that were working fine before and still nothing.

Does any know what can I do to bring my good audio back and possibly the skype sounds too?

Many thanks:popcorn:

nyk
May 31st, 2009, 07:09 PM
Try opening Volume Control, and turning up all the different channels. I'm not sure if it will work, but might as well give it a shot!

Asimonew
June 1st, 2009, 12:39 PM
Try opening Volume Control, and turning up all the different channels. I'm not sure if it will work, but might as well give it a shot!

I am really a newbie I know:p.

I checked my audio and it was not mute.

I then found another forum saying some other staff to reinstall the drive.

Right, now I had the welcome sound and flash sound, which does not very well too.

Anyway, I tried to play a video with totem media player and didn't get any sound. My problem now became the totem, I do not have any sound coming out.

If someone know how to solve please help me.

Thank you everybody.

apjone
June 1st, 2009, 01:11 PM
Open a terminal or Alt+F2 and type
gstreamer-properties and chane the output plugin to the different options listed and test. That worked for me.

Asimonew
June 2nd, 2009, 12:45 PM
Open a terminal or Alt+F2 and type
gstreamer-properties and chane the output plugin to the different options listed and test. That worked for me.

Great!

I think I solved it!

Thank you very much everyone!:popcorn: