PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem with keyboard layout

ruslanrf
May 31st, 2009, 02:26 PM
Hello.

I have Ubuntu 9.04 (i386) installed on my Lenovo Thinkpad W500 with German keyboard.
I have a problem with wrong recognition of my keyboard layout when I add another one.

Description of problem:
After installation of Ubuntu I had not any problems with my keyboard. But strange for me was that i had several layouts (which was created automatically during installation). One of them works correctly and another 2 which has strange names like "???" work wrong. After adding new Russian layout, two of standard layouts disappeared. And I had 2 layouts: German and Russian. Problem was, that German Layout worked wrong and not according painted keys on my keyboard. When I looked at the picture of German layout in the System->Preferences->Keyboard (you can see it when you add new layout, in my case German to check) I realized, that it is not correspond to my keyboard. And it is for any keyboard models selected by using GUI.
After deleting Russian layout and rebooting I again had gotten correctly working German Layout and two additional "???" layouts which was wrong.

Ask:
Could you help me please to set Correctly working German layout and Russian?

Thank you!

ruslanrf
May 31st, 2009, 09:32 PM
Did anyone know what to do? Or do anyone have the same problem?