PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Is it possible to "lock" application each one on a different face of the Compiz cube?

ivodeblasi
May 30th, 2009, 07:08 AM
Hello every one.
My need is to "lock" applications to certain faces of the cube. I mean, as we can assign different images to each face of the cube, is it possible to force an applicatio to run on a certain face of the cube (i.e. Firefox on the first face, openoffice on the 2nd, etc...). Or, it is the same, configure an application to run only on a certain face of the cube?
Thanks very much.

mcduck
May 30th, 2009, 07:37 AM
Sure, you can set window positions and workspaces in the "Place Windows"-plugin's settings, under the "Fixed Window Placement"-tab.

You might also want to check the options available in the "Window Rules"-plugin.

ivodeblasi
May 30th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Sure, you can set window positions and workspaces in the "Place Windows"-plugin's settings, under the "Fixed Window Placement"-tab.

Thanks very much. I never payed the right attention to this plugin. I solved the problem.
Thanks a lot.

You might also want to check the options available in the "Window Rules"-plugin.
So, I will try twice, also together.

Thanks again.
:p

charonred
July 27th, 2009, 11:56 AM
I mean, as we can assign different images to each face of the cube,

how do I achieve that, I have 2 monitors running as one big desktop (with one large wallpaper 2580 x 1024).

I have cube enabled and can zoom, rotate and tilt; but I would like different wallpapers on each screen (hence each cube face), or each pair of screens at least.