PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] upgrades

gemone
May 30th, 2009, 03:13 AM
Hello,
Where can I find the command codes for all upgrades(ex;adobe)? Also, where can I find the instructions on how to configure compiz?

Thanks

LepeKaname
May 30th, 2009, 04:11 AM
Where can I find the command codes for all upgrades(ex;adobe)?

What do you mean by that? sorry... With Synaptic/apt/aptitude must be enough...

Search for "installing compiz ubuntu"... you may find a lot of tutorials about that... Usually the only thing you need is how to setup your video card and enable composite in your X11 config file. The rest is pretty easy...

gemone
May 30th, 2009, 04:19 AM
What do you mean by that? sorry... With Synaptic/apt/aptitude must be enough...

Search for "installing compiz ubuntu"... you may find a lot of tutorials about that... Usually the only thing you need is how to setup your video card and enable composite in your X11 config file. The rest is pretty easy...
Thanks I figured it out before you replied. I have been trying to install adobe but I cannot find it in the add/remove apps.

gemone
May 30th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Can anyone help me with this? All I need is to add adobe flash. I tried add and remove programs but its not coming up. Is there a command line for this?

Thanks

jerrrys
May 30th, 2009, 05:14 PM
theres a CLI for everything, but i don't have a clue about that. why not just download from Synaptic Package Manager?

System>Administration>Synaptic Package Manager

gemone
May 30th, 2009, 07:15 PM
theres a CLI for everything, but i don't have a clue about that. why not just download from Synaptic Package Manager?

System>Administration>Synaptic Package Manager
I know about the Synaptic Package Manager. I did all my updates when I first install. That is my point I look for adobe flash player in Synaptic Package Manager and I could find it. Is there a different name for adobe flash?

gemone
May 30th, 2009, 07:21 PM
I did notice when I went to websites that require a flash player. They ask to install plugins with three different types of flash players including adobe. I tired all three and in they still didn't work.

jerrrys
May 30th, 2009, 08:11 PM
have you checked your FF plugin list to make sure they are enabled ?

also update SPM...

jerrrys
May 30th, 2009, 08:20 PM
and last idea i have is 804, but still may apply to you...
http://www.ubuntugeek.com/how-to-install-adobe-flash-player-10-in-ubuntu-804-hardy-heron.html

gemone
May 31st, 2009, 02:37 PM
and last idea i have is 804, but still may apply to you...
http://www.ubuntugeek.com/how-to-install-adobe-flash-player-10-in-ubuntu-804-hardy-heron.html
It is not working. This what I am receiving:

mike@ubuntu:~$ sudo dpkg-iflash_player_10_linux.deb
sudo: dpkg-iflash_player_10_linux.deb: command not found
mike@ubuntu:~$ sudo dpkg -i install_flash_player_10_linux.deb
dpkg: error processing install_flash_player_10_linux.deb (--install):
cannot access archive: No such file or directory
Errors were encountered while processing:
install_flash_player_10_linux.deb

Partyboi2
May 31st, 2009, 02:42 PM
Nothing is working.
Hi, you should be able to install the adobe flash plugin by opening a terminal and installing with

sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree

kruegger
May 31st, 2009, 04:34 PM
Open a terminal

sudo aptitude search flash

This will give you the exact package name for your Ubuntu version among similar others. Then

sudo aptitude install <package name> (without <>)

This will install the flash-plugin you need.

Can do the same from Synaptic, typing "flash" in Search field.

Edit: I hadn't seen the last post. I agree.