PDA

View Full Version : "Gay" Ads for Microsoft or Ubuntu

Sand & Mercury
May 29th, 2009, 08:30 PM
No comment about the reasons or implications of this. But...

...did anyone else notice that a lot of these ads from Microsoft are incredibly gay? Not as in homosexual (I have nothing against that kind of gay) but in this creepy, unnaturally happy manner that just makes me feel deeply unsettled.

Giant Speck
May 29th, 2009, 08:33 PM

...did anyone else notice that a lot of these ads from Microsoft are incredibly gay? Not as in homosexual (I have nothing against that kind of gay) but in this creepy, unnaturally happy manner that just makes me feel deeply unsettled.

As gay as this?

https://usshop.ubuntu.com/images/training.jpg

northwestuntu
May 29th, 2009, 10:41 PM
As gay as this?

https://usshop.ubuntu.com/images/training.jpg

lol that's pretty gay :D

aysiu
May 29th, 2009, 10:54 PM
This seems to be off-topic, so I've taken these posts out of the original thread.

monsterstack
May 29th, 2009, 10:55 PM
I am feeling a creeping sense of deja-vu, here.

Edit:

This seems to be off-topic, so I've taken these posts out of the original thread.

That'll be why, then.

lisati
May 29th, 2009, 11:00 PM
I see nothing wrong with being happy and cheerful, as long as the ads are in good taste. This is meant to be a family-friendly show, isn't it?

Faolan84
May 29th, 2009, 11:00 PM
For some reason the Quiznos ad came to mind when I saw that ad. All weed need now is a guy looking at an Ubuntu disc and the computer saying: "Put it in me, Scott."

Hallvor
May 29th, 2009, 11:02 PM
lol that's pretty gay :D

:lolflag: One of the gayest ever.

Faolan84
May 29th, 2009, 11:06 PM
I see nothing wrong with being happy and cheerful, as long as the ads are in good taste. This is meant to be a family-friendly show, isn't it?

I think it's just some people have really dirty minds.

lisati
May 29th, 2009, 11:11 PM
I think it's just some people have really dirty minds.

I've been known to suffer from that "ailment" from time to time (a dirty mind). :redface:

swoll1980
May 29th, 2009, 11:27 PM
When you say gay, do you know what you really say? Knock it off!!
Haha

Faolan84
May 29th, 2009, 11:33 PM
When you say gay, do you know what you really say? Knock it off!!
Haha

Quit being gay :P I saw that commercial. I wasn't very amused. All the problems in the world and someone is worrying about "OMG you said the g-word!".

swoll1980
May 29th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Quit being gay :P I saw that commercial. I wasn't very amused. All the problems in the world and someone is worrying about "OMG you said the g-word!".

Funny apart about it is; I never saw an add against calling things retarded, or jewish, or anything else for that matter.

baseface
May 30th, 2009, 12:00 AM
i want to slap the taste out if hillary duff's mouth.

Foster Grant
May 30th, 2009, 12:33 AM

The correct word you were looking for: "stupid."

Corelogik
May 30th, 2009, 01:25 AM
I don't know about the whole "gay" thing but that and the Quizno's commercial are very very creepy!

Polygon
May 30th, 2009, 03:42 AM
last time i checked a dictionary, gay is not a synonym for stupid, creepy, strange, or out of place.

KiwiNZ
May 30th, 2009, 03:59 AM
This thread is simply a waste of resources