PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Setting up separate configuration for TV with xorg

cangel0612
May 29th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Alright, so I have tried several ways to make this work faster but so far I haven't come to a better conclusion than to just go directly into nvidia-settings and detect the tv and then configure it by changing its resolution and then deactivating the original screen.

Let me explain...

I have a laptop that has an s-video port. I plug that into my tv and I have to (every single time) go into nvidia-settings and reconfigure everything as described above (enabling/disabling) and then un-change everything when I am ready to go back to the laptop. This is actually quite painstaking because I can barely read anything on the TV.

Also, I have tried FN + F4 to automatically shift to the TV, but apparently it gets confused. It guesses the resolution correctly, BUT it doesn't fit it to the TV screen. Meaning mainly that when I move my cursor to the edge of the TV screen, the desktop will shift to the other areas...

I have tried nvtv out, but apparently my driver/card is not supported.

I have a HP Pavilion dv6258se laptop with Nvidia 6150 GeForce Go.

MY REAL QUESTION...

What would you do/recommend as the best way to approach this for use with my TV?

Notice, I am not looking to Twin View anything, I just want it to automatically (or a simple command to) switch to the TV and then switch back when I unplug/tell it to.

Any ideas?.....

Thanks so much!

BTW: This is probably the only thing keeping me from going Full Ubuntu! Right now I have a nauseating dual boot.