PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] why wont jaunty 9.04 save my settings?

cifa
May 29th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Finally made that jump...and Ubuntu does not disappoint in looks or style.
I am fairly PC/Linux savvy but I need your help with this one.

I have installed Jaunty 9.04 on my Advent5431 laptop (alongside Vista). Installed no problem
Finds my wifi straight away...and manually connects with no problem.
When I log out – my wifi settings are gone & have to reconnect again. Same goes for screenlets. I set them all up & vanish after log-out.
I seem to save open office docs OK.

Have searched the forums for a while but no real answer. Losing a lot of time over this.
I would love to have Jaunty 9.04 as my main OS.

Any help appreciated

rpaar63
May 30th, 2009, 06:57 AM
For the wifi settings issue try going to "Adminstration" "authorizations" and look for "network-manager-settings" "system" "Modify system connections" and make sure your Login ID is listed, when i first installed NBR on my EEEPc i had the problem of it not saving the settings when i logged off, after adding my name to the list it remembered my settings.

cifa
May 31st, 2009, 11:00 PM
thanks rpaar63

i will try this out & feedback

cifa
June 3rd, 2009, 01:53 PM
For the wifi settings issue try going to "Adminstration" "authorizations" and look for "network-manager-settings" "system" "Modify system connections" and make sure your Login ID is listed, when i first installed NBR on my EEEPc i had the problem of it not saving the settings when i logged off, after adding my name to the list it remembered my settings.

tried it...in fact tried different ways...and i still cant get it to save wifi/screenlets. perhaps you elaborate on the way you did it - and i may copy? would love to solve this so any help welcome

cifa
June 3rd, 2009, 11:01 PM
solved it myself.
dont have laptop here with me - but when i get it back i will feedback in the case that it may help others (quite easy really).