PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] The best ways to manage your flickr account thought a GUI?

Wanas
May 29th, 2009, 01:03 PM
I have tried these applications but it didnt do exactly what I want :(
1: DFO (desktop flickr organiser) - I think this application is the best of them all, you can add new sets tags descriptions and more, but the problem with this application that it didnt upload pic for me at all :(, I have put the pix that I want to upload and it says syncing the pix and loading forever, when I open the gnome system monitor the netspeed of the sending is = 0 (no upload speed) I dunno where is the problem is there a configuration that I have to make before uploading ?

2: Flickrfs: I think this is the second best choice to manage your flickr account but I have stuck in one of the install steps from this page http://manishrjain.googlepages.com/flickrfs#ubuntu
when I run this command (sudo modprobe fuse) I got this message (Module fuse not found) what to do to fix this problem or is there any more easier install instructions than this ? I tried google but I didnt find any :(

3: Kflickr: Not so professional its only used to upload pic u cant add new sets and manage already exist pix and its a kde application that it dont integrate well with gnome desktop :(

4: Flickr Uploader 0.12.3: The problems as kflickr but its a gnome application instead.

I have tried to use picasa web album instead of flickr for this issues because there is no good applications to manage pix for flickr like picasa application on linux

any suggestions will be great thanks for trying to help me ;)

Wanas
May 31st, 2009, 02:26 PM
any suggestions may help

drewsus
June 18th, 2009, 04:31 PM
I just installed DFO from synaptic and it worked fine
or
$ sudo apt-get install dfo