PDA

View Full Version : My waste basket's too big!

t0p
May 29th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Okay, I know this isn't the place to post bug reports. But I'm hardly gonna to that about this now - I've been using Hardy for a year, I noticed this "bug" the first day, and I don't really care. Well, clearly I do care, otherwise I wouldn't be typing this, would I?

Anyway... when the waste basket at the bottom right of the screen (in Hardy) has garbage in it, it's the correct size. But when it's empty, it's huge! I won't say too huge, because any sized empty waste basket is too big. But still, it ain't right.

Yeah, I typed "typing". I didn't keyboard "keyboarding" because that use of keyboard really grrinds me down. I know the use of "type" in this context is anachronistic, but I don't care! After all, the TARDIS is anachronistic but the Doctor still uses it. And what's good enough for the Doctor is good enough for me! :p

fatality_uk
May 29th, 2009, 11:54 AM
ScreenShot would be helpful.
One mans huge is another mans average!

bryonak
May 29th, 2009, 12:38 PM
When it's empty, try right clicking on it and select "Restore icons original size". If that's greyed out, select "Stretch icon" and make it smaller. Maybe it will keep the size for that particular icon.

t0p
May 30th, 2009, 09:08 AM
fatality_uk, I have attached screenshots for you to peruse. (Sorry for the messy Desktop.) Enjoy!

bryonak, when I right-click on the basket I don't get the options you referred to. All I get is: Open, Empty the Deleted Items Folder, Help, About, Remove from Panel, Move, Lock to Panel. :(

spcwingo
May 30th, 2009, 10:27 AM
I have no idea what the problem is, but I'm also running Hardy...no problems here. :-k

ssam
May 30th, 2009, 10:50 AM
try choosing a different theme.

it is possible that your theme is not loading properly (unless you have chosen the minimal one you have now). if you run

gnome-settings-daemon
in a terminal does the theme change?

t0p
May 31st, 2009, 11:57 PM
try choosing a different theme.

it is possible that your theme is not loading properly (unless you have chosen the minimal one you have now). if you run

gnome-settings-daemon
in a terminal does the theme change?

No.

t0p@ubunty:~$ gnome-settings-daemon

** (gnome-settings-daemon:19160): WARNING **: Failed to acquire org.gnome.SettingsDaemon

** (gnome-settings-daemon:19160): WARNING **: Could not acquire name

Is this bad? (I've got this phobia about when my computer says WARNING ** at me). :(

t0p
June 1st, 2009, 12:11 AM
Well, I changed my theme (pleasant but boring blubuntu) and the trash can is now "normal".

But the gnome-settings-daemon still gives that ominous WARNING ** warning. I'm scared...

Rotarychainsaw
June 1st, 2009, 01:53 AM
Yeah, it's just the icon theme you chose. The author probably didn't include the correct size for the empty icon. Ask the author to make one or find another theme.

HappyFeet
June 1st, 2009, 01:58 AM
Nice wallpaper tOp. ;)