PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] default username and password?

medicalystoned
May 29th, 2009, 04:37 AM
I am trying to run an ubuntu edition from a live cd. after it loads and gets to the sign in screen it asks me for a user name and password. I tried my user name and password for kde but to no avail, I also tried live and user in either or both places. Any help would be really appreciated. if it helps i am trying to try out Ubuntu stoner Edition. Thank you all in advance.

update- seems my machine just won't support it. it runs fine on my brothers machine. will keep it around just in case i can use it soon. Thanks for all the help.

abn91c
May 29th, 2009, 04:41 AM
their forum states if it asks for user id/password its a bad burn,you need to check the checksum

medicalystoned
May 29th, 2009, 04:46 AM
thanks but that didn't do it. hvacmoose says it is probably a bad iso. could this be the case?

_Purple_
May 29th, 2009, 04:47 AM
You can check the md5sum and find out if the CD is working fine.

medicalystoned
May 29th, 2009, 04:53 AM
You can check the md5sum and find out if the CD is working fine.

Thank you. How do I do such a thing from the sign in screen?

_Purple_
May 29th, 2009, 04:58 AM
Have you downloaded the iso file which you used to burn the CD? You can check the md5sum of that iso file from any OS. Please check this link
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM

medicalystoned
May 30th, 2009, 07:39 AM
md5sum s cool......just weird that it is acting like this.

lisati
May 30th, 2009, 07:51 AM
It might not be necessary to put in a username and/or password: on the rare occasion I've had a LiveCD ask for a username, the request has usually been accompanied by an auto-login style countdown timer - when I've let it reach zero it normally goes to the desktop without intervention.