PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problems configuring OSMesa-7.2

wavepeak
May 29th, 2009, 03:46 AM
New to the board:

I am trying to install and run Gerris a CFD package using Ububtu 8.10 on a Velocity VSC-135
(and) I am having trouble installing OSMesa-7.2 or more exactly reinstalling the DRIGL

Upon running ./configure in the Mesa folder I get the following issue
__________________________________________________ ________________________________
checking for LIBDRM... yes
checking for DRIGL... configure: error: Package requirements (x11 xext xxf86vm xdamage xfixes) were not met:

No package 'xxf86vm' found

Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
installed software in a non-standard prefix.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables DRIGL_CFLAGS
and DRIGL_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
See the pkg-config man page for more details.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________

I have tied to reinstall DRIGL but? I am stumped.

One note: I am using NVIDIA 9800 GT and using there cuda drivers for multi processer operations +/-

Foot note: I am new to linux / and I need to still learn C++ so I apploigize if this is a dumb question.
Thanks to anyone who could lead me in the right direction.

Partyboi2
May 31st, 2009, 03:47 AM
Hi, looks like you can install it from the ubuntu repos instead of having to compile it. You can either search synaptic for libosmesa6 and install it or open a terminal and install with

sudo apt-get install libosmesa6

When compiling if you see something like

checking for DRIGL... configure: error: Package requirements (x11 xext xxf86vm xdamage xfixes) were not met:

No package 'xxf86vm' found

Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
installed software in a non-standard prefix.
it means you need to install the missing packages and normally the dev versions of that package so for xxf86vm you would need to install libxxf86vm-dev.

wavepeak
June 1st, 2009, 08:21 AM

Yes manually install sometimes is not the way to go! ( I chased the software errors) but did not stop to read the error itself (A missing package) Thanks for your time. I feel kind of dumb.

I letting Ubuntu reinstall the PKG + version 6X of Mesa via the apt-get and it was just the ticket I ca now compile gfsview and it seams to be running.

Thanks again!

Some times it is hard to see the forest for the trees+/-