PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] AWN Manager not working properly

JRuc33
May 28th, 2009, 11:59 PM
So, I removed the bottom panel and installed the AWN Windows Navigator. However, now when I have a window open, it doesn't appear down in the Navigator so if I minimize there seems to be no way of bring a window back. See attached pic for more detail.

Yvan300
May 29th, 2009, 12:03 AM
Click system/administrator/synaptic package manager, then search for awn and click on completely remove. Then install it once more.

If your problem persists, you can always try other alternatives such as Cairo Dock.

JRuc33
May 29th, 2009, 12:49 AM
Yes I've uninstalled and reinstalled and this still happens. I also cannot get the cairo dock because the terminal says (and i know the exact name of the file but cannot think of it off the top of my head) that cairo-plugins (or something like that) doesn't exist. Any alternatives to Cairo and Awn?

Yvan300
May 29th, 2009, 02:19 AM
Cairo and AWN are the only good ones imao. Why not install cario through synaptic? That way it will also installed additional files that cairo may need to work

BTW what version of ubuntu are you using?

fabounet
May 29th, 2009, 11:12 PM
see on cairo-dock.org, wiki section, english langage, for an easy way to install it