PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't log in/connect from outside

brown_ghost
May 28th, 2009, 06:47 PM
I just install a fresh copy of Ubuntu 9.04, I have 3 network cards because I have two separate networks in my office (1.Internet 2. Intranet & 3rd card is for static ip. I have setup all cards successfully & I'm able to go online & get new updates (through static ip only) & I have added proftpd. Well I have 2 offices I can log in remote to test proftpd but I'm unable to log in, I can't ping it or log in through ssh either (on static ip only). I have unplugged the other two cards leaving the static ip so I can ping it and log in through ssh from one of my pcs in my office from the separate network going out to the static ip. I have rebooted and everything comes up good, I have also restarted the proftpd and it's up, does anyone know why I can't see it from out side my office? oh one more thing, all 3 offices are connected via vpn so I'm able to ping and log in through ssh to the card on that network but not on static ip card.

FarehamWeather
May 28th, 2009, 08:31 PM
have you opened port 22 on the firewall that protect the network from the internet?