PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] kubuntu install problems

itachis.eyes
May 28th, 2009, 05:43 PM
i was installing kubuntu and about 80% of the way without fail turns off the computer...i was told it might be a conflict with my graphics card, but being rather new to the linux/ubuntu/kubuntu world i don't know if that is the problem or how to fix it.

DeMus
May 28th, 2009, 05:49 PM
i was installing kubuntu and about 80% of the way without fail turns off the computer...i was told it might be a conflict with my graphics card, but being rather new to the linux/ubuntu/kubuntu world i don't know if that is the problem or how to fix it.

I noticed when I installed Ubuntu Jaunty after some time the screen saver kicked in. Maybe this also happens to you. I have no experience with Kubuntu but when the screensaver starts it could also mean that your monitor is switched of from the computer.
Did the pc really switch of or didn't you see anything anymore?

Try installing it again and this time keep moving the mouse now and then to avoid the screensaver to start.

itachis.eyes
May 29th, 2009, 05:42 PM
i can't install kubuntu because it shuts off the computer twards the end of the install. someone suggested to me that it might be a garaphics problem, and to change the settings of the graphics before install.
any ideas, could it be graphics, and how do i change the graphics before the install.

overdrank
May 29th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Hi and welcome, you may try the options under F4 at the start or install screen. Also if you could give us some system specs that may help.
Threads merged. :)

itachis.eyes
May 29th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Hi and welcome, you may try the options under F4 at the start or install screen. Also if you could give us some system specs that may help.
Threads merged. :)

sorry about the double post...i forgot to tell the first to send me email alerts, and it got lost in the void...XD
i'll try the F4, but as far as system specs, i have an HP pavilion, amd turionx2 (amd64), ati radeon graphics, agere systems hda modem...(i don't think anything else would be relivant)

itachis.eyes
May 29th, 2009, 10:36 PM
ok thanks! i downloaded a new copy of kubuntu, and set the burn speed slower (just in case) and i got into safe graphics mode and turned of the "acpi" i think thats what its called. anyway i am now the prowd new owner of a kubuntu bootable computer (^_^)