PDA

View Full Version : Why is KDE doing this?

gymophett
May 28th, 2009, 05:30 PM
I downloaded Compiz-Switch and emerald.
I put an Emerald theme up, didn't like it. Uninstalled emerald and Compiz switch. Now my windows won't take the KDE window decorations. It does some other. I don't know why. I can go to my system settings and Ozone is supposed to be my decoration. It makes me mad because I like the Ozone decoration. I log out, log back in, same thing. My web browser doesn't even have a Window Decoration! :o
Only some of my menus do.
What do I do?

chucky chuckaluck
May 28th, 2009, 05:31 PM
I downloaded Compiz-Switch and emerald.
I put an Emerald theme up, didn't like it. Uninstalled emerald and Compiz switch. Now my windows won't take the KDE window decorations. It does some other. I don't know why. I can go to my system settings and Ozone is supposed to be my decoration. It makes me mad because I like the Ozone decoration. I log out, log back in, same thing. My web browser doesn't even have a Window Decoration! :o
Only some of my menus do.
What do I do?

go to default applications and make sure that kwin is selected as window manager.

amadeus266
May 28th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Simple solution would be to reinstall compiz switch, then utilize it's menu to select different window decorator. I forget what the decorator for KDE is called since I use Ubuntu.

SunnyRabbiera
May 28th, 2009, 05:40 PM
KDE4 and compiz dont really mix, hey not even KDE3 mixed with compiz.
Compiz is more of a gnome thing

NightwishFan
May 28th, 2009, 06:11 PM
You can run this command to restore the kde window manager temporarily.

kwin --replace
To start it permanently, you just have to undo what you originally did. You can also add the 'kwin --replace' to the KDE autostart, and some versions of KDE have a window manager selection under the session settings.