PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu_studio] Ubuntu Studio disk image issue

DSisterson
May 28th, 2009, 01:50 PM
I've downloaded the Ubuntu Studio disk image and burnt it to a DVD in the same way that I sucessfully did for the regular Ubuntu release yesterday... however, when I re-insert the disk all I can see is the file folders - no autorun - and no icon by the DVD drive letter, just the disk name. It's as if I've simply burnt a file folder onto the disk instead of an image, though the downloaded file identifies itself as an image. Anyone able to help me with this?

SsGTrev
June 29th, 2009, 11:29 AM
I've downloaded the Ubuntu Studio disk image and burnt it to a DVD in the same way that I sucessfully did for the regular Ubuntu release yesterday... however, when I re-insert the disk all I can see is the file folders - no autorun - and no icon by the DVD drive letter, just the disk name. It's as if I've simply burnt a file folder onto the disk instead of an image, though the downloaded file identifies itself as an image. Anyone able to help me with this?
I've had exactly the same problem. When I downloaded and installed Ubuntu 9.04 it was fine, but with Ubuntu Studio 9.04 (all flavours) the EXE (wubi.exe) is missing. I've tried opening the image with Alcohol 100% and Ultraiso, and I'm sure the EXE is not present, anybody got any ideas ?