PDA

View Full Version : Let them know we exist!

phr0ze
May 28th, 2009, 01:36 PM
ABC.com lets windows and mac users watch full episodes. I propose we all go to http://abc.go.com/player/index?pn=index&showId=187472 and click the feedback link at the bottom.

I don't know if this will work for non US, but give it a try.

Thanks.

pwnst*r
May 28th, 2009, 01:41 PM
done. because your bean count was 666 when you posted this.

pwnst*r
May 28th, 2009, 01:45 PM
got an insta-reply. i left out most of it, since it's dribble.

As you can imagine, we receive thousands of messages a day from our viewers and while we appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback regarding our programming, we are not able to respond to each one directly.

We encourage you to continue to communicate with us!

bah. then gets worse.

Note: The Company’s long-established policy does not allow us to accept for review or consideration any ideas, suggestions, or creative materials not solicited by us or our subsidiaries. Therefore, in the event that you have submitted such content, please be advised that the submission has been forwarded to the Company’s legal department for handling.

so that bit is a little confusing since i'm not sure if they're talking about ideas and suggestions strictly dealing with shows or not.

Sewje
May 28th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Same issue I have with channel4 catchup in UK.

potrick
May 28th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Disney (which owns ABC) recently bought something like 30 percent stake in Hulu, which means ABC's shows should all be on hulu.com soon enough anyway; I doubt they'll change this before then.

mamamia88
May 28th, 2009, 05:22 PM
i concur do this it's one of the only reasons i have xp in virtualbox

drawkcab
May 28th, 2009, 07:12 PM
I hate the quality of hulu though.

MikeTheC
May 28th, 2009, 07:42 PM
:-({|=

Quit watching TV and then you won't have to worry about it! #-o

Or, better yet, buy a Mac! :shock:

</sarcasm>

kneewax
May 28th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Same issue I have with channel4 catchup in UK.

YES! This one always bugs me because the advertise 4od as "available on your PC or Mac" yet it blatantly isn't available on my PC.

maflynn
May 28th, 2009, 08:08 PM

That's what I have and I recommend one highly :D

ice60
May 28th, 2009, 08:16 PM
i thought channel 4 had worked for a while?
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1124686

edit: look! it's jade goody :D fantasic, i love jade goody lol - unseen archive footage of jade goody!!!! i think i might give it a miss though, i'm not in the mood for throwing-up right now.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/jade-as-seen-on-tv/catch-up#2919467

freakinjonathan
May 28th, 2009, 08:22 PM
I left feedback. I don't think there is anything wrong in asking them to give us some support. It only takes a few seconds to do anyways.

bgerlich
May 28th, 2009, 08:23 PM

Nah, thanks, my metal plough seems to be working fine, when it breaks I'll consider a Mac ;)

lykwydchykyn
May 28th, 2009, 08:32 PM
I put in a technical support note. Got the usual bumper-sticker reply about using a "supported system". Whatever.

Look, bottom line is they are a TV network. Their goal is to maximize viewership so they can sell more ads. They need to be aware that they are making it difficult or impossible for some people to view their content (and thus, their ads).

mamamia88
May 28th, 2009, 11:25 PM
dang this is annoying doesn't even work with virtualized xp.

Eviltechie
May 28th, 2009, 11:28 PM
At least CBS works, they just don't "officially" support it.