PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] I hid my application by double-clicking its top-left icon, how to unhide [xubuntu]

demiliterizedzone
May 28th, 2009, 05:27 AM
I hid my application by double-clicking its top-left icon, how to unhide [xubuntu]

Kind regards
-DMZ

Didius Falco
May 28th, 2009, 06:03 AM
Welcome to the Ubuntu forums!

What is the name of the application you hid? What version of Xubuntu are you running?

Post the answers to those two questions, and anything else you can think of that might help us to help you.

Regards,

Didius

kerry_s
May 28th, 2009, 07:43 AM
I hid my application by double-clicking its top-left icon, how to unhide [xubuntu]

Kind regards
-DMZ

double clicking on that icon doesn't hide anything, so if it's not in your taskbar, you probably closed it. if you don't have the taskbar, middle click on the desktop.

4Orbs
May 28th, 2009, 07:55 AM
You might only have moved it over to your second Workspace (Desk 2), in which case you can just switch to that second workspace using the Workspace Switcher applet on the panel (the two little side-by-side boxes on the task bar), then drag the application to the right or left as far as possible and it will jump back over to the first workspace.

demiliterizedzone
May 29th, 2009, 04:27 AM
What a friendly community, thank you for your replies.

What application? Any application. It does not look like I close the application from a visual standpoint, it appears as though it is minimizing to the bottom right corner. Also, it is not on the second workspace. I've googled and googled and this is the first time, in a long time, my search engine skills could not find the answer. I'll try and double-click the top-left icon again and execute a command to see if the process is still running.

kerry_s
May 29th, 2009, 07:14 AM
What a friendly community, thank you for your replies.

What application? Any application. It does not look like I close the application from a visual standpoint, it appears as though it is minimizing to the bottom right corner. Also, it is not on the second workspace. I've googled and googled and this is the first time, in a long time, my search engine skills could not find the answer. I'll try and double-click the top-left icon again and execute a command to see if the process is still running.

do you have a panel with a taskbar to show minimized windows, you can also use the middle click on the desktop.
the icon in the top left corner is a menu icon, it shows the same thing if you right click on the window. i took mine off on mine.

demiliterizedzone
May 29th, 2009, 11:39 PM
do you have a panel with a taskbar to show minimized windows, you can also use the middle click on the desktop.
the icon in the top left corner is a menu icon, it shows the same thing if you right click on the window. i took mine off on mine.

Thank you kerry_s. That middle click idea got me convinced, the application was being closed. I verified with the System Monitor and the windows are definitely not being hidden, though it certainly appeared to look that way because I never got any you-sure-you-want-to-close dialog -- the window would just minimize and poof! Gone. Appreciate the feedback, and thank you for you patience.