PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu Live CD with Internet Explorer

morph999
May 28th, 2009, 12:03 AM
Is it possible to find a LIve CD with Internet Explorer. I already have Live CD of Ubuntu from about 6 months ago. It didn't have flash so I couldn't use youtube until I downloaded something.

Here is what I want.

*Run ubuntu from the cd -- no installation
* internet explorer on the ubuntu CD

Is that possible?

presence1960
May 28th, 2009, 12:08 AM
IE will not run on Ubuntu without installing Wine or running Windows in a virtual install. Why would you want to use the most slow, insecure web browser there ever was anyway?

morph999
May 28th, 2009, 12:11 AM
I've been unable to switch to firefox. I just can't get into that browser. I hate it. I'm planning on going totally harddrive-less and that would be perfect if I had IE with ubuntu.

wsonar
May 28th, 2009, 12:12 AM
Is it possible to find a LIve CD with Internet Explorer. I already have Live CD of Ubuntu from about 6 months ago. It didn't have flash so I couldn't use youtube until I downloaded something.

Here is what I want.

*Run ubuntu from the cd -- no installation
* internet explorer on the ubuntu CD

Is that possible?

there's an IElin versions out there but there crap even for testing

wsonar
May 28th, 2009, 12:13 AM
I've been unable to switch to firefox. I just can't get into that browser. I hate it. I'm planning on going totally harddrive-less and that would be perfect if I had IE with ubuntu.

unless your using IE 8 all others fail

flash works fine in FF or opera

presence1960
May 28th, 2009, 12:33 AM

try opera or seamonkey. There are others also, i am sure those who use them will let you know what they use.