PDA

View Full Version : Alarm, or datebook app for Jaunty??

Darbre
May 27th, 2009, 09:38 PM
I find myself using my Ubuntu computer more and more, but one thing I miss (and need desperately) is a alarm/datebook/reminder application. Something where I can set up both recurring alarms, and also single instance alarms. Is there anything like that? If so, how do I go about getting and installing it.

Thanks!!

D'Arbre

FuturePilot
May 27th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Evolution has a calendar/planner. And I know you can set alarms/reminders with it. There's also an application in the repositories called alarm-clock.

Darbre
May 27th, 2009, 09:55 PM
I looked at Evolution, but couldn't figure out how to set alarms up with it. I'll look into alarm-clock.

Thanks

D'Arbre

Mr. Picklesworth
May 27th, 2009, 09:56 PM
And if you don't like the big Evolution interface, try the Pimlico Dates and Tasks applications. (Or Tasque, which is REALLY nice). The reason something that talks to Evolution is good is because GNOME apps can safely make use of its information; for example, you'll notice the clock applet on the panel shows your daily tasks and appointments when you click on it :)

GooglePlexity
May 27th, 2009, 10:08 PM
You might try installing the alarm-clock package.

Darbre
May 28th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Thanks to all that offered suggestions. :p:p I chose Alarm Clock, and it seems to be exactly what I was looking for.

D'Arbre

Darbre
June 2nd, 2009, 12:39 AM
I spoke too soon. I'm looking for a program that will keep track of tasks that are done once a year, month, week, or day. Is there an alarm app that will do all that?

Thanks

D'Arbre

Darbre
June 3rd, 2009, 12:03 AM
No one???