PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Stop firefox from...

kamitsukai
May 27th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Can anyone tell me how to stop Firefox from going back to the previous page visited when pressing the mouse scroll wheel on a blank part of a website? as it has got to be one of the most annoying things ever! everytime I miss a link by a couple of millimetres instead of opening a new tab I get taken back to the previous website:(

Thanks in advance!

coffeecat
May 27th, 2009, 10:08 PM
I don't believe this is a default behaviour in Firefox. If I click on a link with the scroll wheel, the link opens in a new tab, but if I click on a blank part of the webpage (also with the scroll wheel) nothing happens.

Do you remember ever changing any of the values in about:config?

Jeff250
May 27th, 2009, 10:54 PM
It sounds like your mouse supports 'mouse wheel tilt' and that Firefox is interpreting your mouse wheel tilting as to send you back/forward a page. I'm afraid I don't have a solution, but I believe that I have identified your problem.

kamitsukai
May 27th, 2009, 10:58 PM
It sounds like your mouse supports 'mouse wheel tilt' and that Firefox is interpreting your mouse wheel tilting as to send you back/forward a page. I'm afraid I don't have a solution, but I believe that I have identified your problem.

Really? that makes my mouse sound really quite feature rich:-s really it's just some 4.99 pile of junk;)

oh well...:(

also this was happening before changing any thing in about:config (although the only thing I did change was making the Firefox url bar select everything on single click like in windows)

Jeff250
May 27th, 2009, 11:01 PM
You're probably right then, since you know your mouse better than I do. Do you know the make and model?

kamitsukai
May 27th, 2009, 11:19 PM
You're probably right then, since you know your mouse better than I do. Do you know the make and model?

Doesn't have one it's just one that came with a cheapo keyboard I bought a few months back when my current keyboard broke..

philinux
May 28th, 2009, 12:06 AM
Same here. Nothing in the config page to change either.