PDA

View Full Version : Great VGA wide screen monitor @ Tesco.

fatality_uk
May 27th, 2009, 07:28 PM
For those living in the UK, who are in the market for a widescreen VGA monitor, I suggest a visit to either a local Tesco or get online. http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.200-3517.aspx#

I have just bought one of the above monitors @ £129 and it is very good value. The contrast is spot on, great picture quality and it's fast.

Sat here looking at a 1920x1080 screen was odd for aboput 5 mins, now it's great. And playing AlienArena @1280x1024 on this is wild.

I have seen these @ £140+ so a good price.

PhoenixMaster00
May 27th, 2009, 07:31 PM
I work part time at a tescos electrical department and i must say they do sell when we have them in stock. Great value for money. I was tempted but Misco had a 22" full hd monitor that was to good an offer to turn down.

pwnst*r
May 27th, 2009, 07:32 PM
For those living in the UK, who are in the market for a widescreen VGA monitor, I suggest a visit to either a local Tesco or get online. http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.200-3517.aspx#

I have just bought one of the above monitors @ £129 and it is very good value. The contrast is spot on, great picture quality and it's fast.

Sat here looking at a 1920x1080 screen was odd for aboput 5 mins, now it's great. And playing AlienArena @1280x1024 on this is wild.

I have seen these @ £140+ so a good price.

is that really a good price in the UK? here in the states, that's not very good, especially VGA only.

fatality_uk
May 27th, 2009, 07:41 PM
is that really a good price in the UK? here in the states, that's not very good, especially VGA only.

Sadly pwnst*r, yes. Good DVI monitors start in the hundres :(

omar8
May 27th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Not a particularly good deal (not a bad deal either - maybe £10 cheaper than other places) for a VGA monitor even in the UK. However, for about £160 (only £30) you can get a better brand and better connectivity. Also, this model does "buzz" so if you like to work in a silent environment this isn't the model for you.
Acer also have a poor dead pixel policy, I recently bought an Acer monitor which had about 10 dark black dead pixels but because of the spacing they decided that it was a completely perfect monitor, eventually I managed to to get a refund but that was through the store i bought it from rather than Acer who were no help at all.