PDA

View Full Version : Hello

troncoso
January 14th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Hello all, I'm a new user of Kubuntu. I've just sent my first post about a keyboard problem that has just been solved, and thought I might just as well pop in the Community Chat to say hello to you all.

Unlike many of you (I guess from the introduction messages I've read) I'm not in the IT field. I did languages at university long before I heard of such things as personal computers. As a child, my father had taken me to his work place and showed me around a room full of cupboards and big tape reels which he said was a computer, and then he gave me a picture of Monna Lisa made out of lots of letters. So when I started teaching English at a secondary school here in Spain, I guess I had heard of personal computers only vaguely.

Well, the fact is that I have now been using and learning about computers for more than twelve years, I've even been in charge of a small computer network at my school, and as this network grew and became more difficult to manage, I proposed switching to Linux, and failed. So I gave up my unofficial position as network admin, rested for a while, and now I've just installed Edubuntu on one of the four computers in the staff room. Windows is constantly crashing on the other computers, so I hope at least some of my colleages notice the superior stability and reliability of Edubuntu.

Now I've got to cook lunch. Cheers.

curuxz
January 14th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Welcome :)