PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] KDE4 Run Command

infecticide
May 27th, 2009, 12:50 AM
Hey Folks,

I have two issues with KDE4 that I'm hoping someone has an answer to:

1. I've switched the K menu to the traditional style but I no longer have the Run Command item. Where is it? Is there an applet or option I can install that will enable this?

2. How do I move/resize a panel so I can setup a "quicklauncher" above the default panel?

cptr13
May 27th, 2009, 01:19 AM
ALT-F2 gives the run command

benerivo
May 27th, 2009, 01:21 AM
1. I'm don't think i've seen a Run Command item in the kde4 menu. There is a menu quick search field, where you type a program name and it searches the entire menu for a match.

2. You can move / resize a panel by right clicking on it and going to Panel Options > Panel Settings (make sure you have the widgets 'unlocked')

infecticide
May 27th, 2009, 01:49 AM
ALT-F2 gives the run command

Actually it isn't :(

I checked the hotkeys in KDE and it is setup as Alt+F2 but it doesn't do anything.

2. You can move / resize a panel by right clicking on it and going to Panel Options > Panel Settings (make sure you have the widgets 'unlocked')

In regards to moving the panel, it seems to favor the screen edge. How do I unsnap it from the edges? Better yet, is there a way to snap it to the top of the main panel like it was in KDE3?

benerivo
May 27th, 2009, 02:03 AM
In regards to moving the panel, it seems to favor the screen edge. How do I unsnap it from the edges? Better yet, is there a way to snap it to the top of the main panel like it was in KDE3?
The kde4 panels are locked to the screen edges, although the widgets/applets that are added to them can be added individually to 'the desktop' and then moved about anywhere. (You can have no panel at all).
In kde4, I don't think you can have two panels, with the second one snapped to the top of the main one.

cptr13
May 27th, 2009, 04:28 PM
http://userbase.kde.org/Tutorials/Krunner

This is the Alt-F2 I mentioned.

You're saying it doesn't do anything?