PDA

View Full Version : New guy

txgunslinger
January 14th, 2006, 12:14 PM
Hi folks, I'm the new Ubuntu (Kubuntu actually) user around here. I've actually been watching the site for a couple of weeks since I first put Kubuntu on my system, but I have just gotten around to signing up and posting. Mostly I'm just dropping in to say hello :)

A little about myself: I am a sys admin for a company who uses Windows exclusively, and I have very little Linux experience (a little red hat a while back, but nothing to write home about). I decided to make the switch mostly for experience purposes, but I quickly became used to the interface and terminal (with a few hiccups). Now, I use Kubuntu nearly exclusively at home, except for remote desktop at work (like right this moment), which I am trying to figure out how to set up.

I have become quite addicted to Wesnoth so far, and I will be looking for more games sometime in the near future. I'm a console RPG geek, with heavy emphisis on the Final Fantasy and Dragon Warrior/Quest series, and eventually I'll have to find something on here to play (I've been playing a lot of old roms lately, but I'm looking for something different...suggestions are welcome).

Not much else to know about me I suppose. I am glad to be here, and I'm looking forward to talking to all of you.

Perfect Storm
January 14th, 2006, 12:33 PM
Welcome onboard, txgunslinger, :)

For more games check my sig.

txgunslinger
January 14th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Thanks! I've been looking through the games, and S.C.O.U.R.G.E. looks like a lot of fun so far.

curuxz
January 14th, 2006, 12:58 PM
Hey welcome to the site, I love Wesnoth if you ever wana play just pm me :)