PDA

View Full Version : Software Freedom Day 2009

ianto`
May 26th, 2009, 04:35 PM
I said in our last meeting that I'd get up to starting a thread regarding Software Freedom Day so here it is :). First off we have half a wiki page constructed over at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WelshTeam/SoftwareFreedomDay. From there I've tried to outline exactly what SFD is but what I haven't done is set a venue nor an event to do! I'm looking for some input here for how you guys would like to celebrate Software Freedom Day in Wales :). Any venues and/or events will be considered but please post them in here!

kn100
May 28th, 2009, 09:59 PM
I personally think you guys should just give out disks of free open source software to people, and possibly leaflets, which i would be happy to make, to increase awareness of open source.

ianto`
May 28th, 2009, 10:05 PM
I personally think you guys should just give out disks of free open source software to people, and possibly leaflets, which i would be happy to make, to increase awareness of open source.

That is entirely possible, we have the resources to do this! :). Is there anything else though that you'd like to add to this yourself or another person who is interested?