PDA

View Full Version : Removing folders from the list on the right of UNR

spaceballl
May 26th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Hi all,

There's a list of folders on the right of the home screen of UNR. I'd like to hide a few. How do I do this?

linesma
May 26th, 2009, 04:11 PM
The right side of the NBR interface is a mirror image of what is in your Nautilus Bookmarks menu. To edit what is displayed there, open Nautilus. You can do this by opening you home folder. Goto your "Bookmarks" menu, and click on "edit bookmarks". This will allow you to delete any that are listed there. If you want to add a location to be displayed, navigate to where you want the bookmark to point to, and then goto Bookmarks--Add Bookmark or you can use the Ctrl-D keyboard shortcut. This will then create a link to that location.

I hope this helps you out.

linesma

spaceballl
May 26th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Thanks - this is helpful. However, this only lets me remove the four default bookmarks of "Documents", "Pictures", and "Videos". What about the "Network" link. Also, my windows xp partition is listed there too... Thanks!

linesma
May 26th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Okay, I did a little digging and found a way that worked for me to remove those additional icons. I was able to do it using a little program called Ubuntu Tweak. You can download it here: http://ubuntu-tweak.com/downloads Just download the .deb file, and double click on it. It will install the program. Open the program and go to "Desktop--Icons" On that panel, it allows you to choose what is displayed.

There is a way to do it using the gconf-editor, but I could not find it. The lack of customization options is why I run the NBR spin with the classic desktop enabled.

Hope this helps you out.

Mark

ertai
June 9th, 2009, 09:34 AM
This will remove the favorites-menu:

Remove the menu in the menu editor and remove /usr/share/desktop-entries/Favorites.directory

When both don't exist then the menu won't appear.