PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] the live cd will not install to my hard drive

icturubyz2
May 26th, 2009, 04:59 AM
Please help! i am not new to this forum, although i have been using ubuntu, i have never taken advantage and asked for help! i have searched the forum for help and tried every piece of advice. i installed ubuntu hardy heron last year. after i installed the program i tried to install apache server and my computer crashed. so i decided to try 8.10 the server edition my hard drive refused to install the program. i have had to use the live cd. i cannot get the live cd to install. i have tried everything possible. please help! i believe the problem is my hard drive. i know this has to be posted sorry!
thank you
ruby

rudy.b
May 26th, 2009, 05:17 AM
When you say that you cannot get the live CD to install, what exactly happens? Does the install process stop at some point? Is there some error message that shows up?

icturubyz2
May 26th, 2009, 06:33 AM
yes if i try to install from the boot screen i get a dvd error message i am assuming that since the dvd works that the cd is failing to install to the hard drive so it tries to install to the cd it's self or can't find where to install. if i install after the failure it takes me to the partitioner and then tell me no root system. the hard drive is working and i can get the gparted to partition it and mount it but i cannot get the live cd to to recognize it or something.