PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Full screen glitch on ubuntu 9.04

torque154
May 26th, 2009, 12:48 AM
ever since I install ubuntu 9.04, I get this glitch when I play videos in full screen, it quickly changes to the wallpaper, then switches right back to the video. This hapends every time I move the mouse. This is also true on 2 other computers of mine. I can't find any info on the forums and its not like my computer is that old. it is a amd dual core with a 8800 nvidia card...

geekcliff
August 14th, 2009, 11:29 AM
I get the exact same thing, i thought i might be something to do with the nvidia drivers, i use the old legacy ones 98.something, it may also be a conflict with compiz, i've not tried turning it off yet, might be worth a go:lolflag:

khelben1979
August 14th, 2009, 12:13 PM
What application are you running? I never get this problem on my system, then again I use Debian. My graphics card: nVidia Geforce7800GS with way older equipment.

geekcliff
August 14th, 2009, 02:00 PM
I get the problen using totem on full screen with a movie or music visuals, ive been reading around the forun and i think it is to do with compiz, gona have a go when i get home.

geekcliff
August 17th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Problem solved:guitar: It was a setting in ccsm, in compiz general options i just had to take the tick out of, unredirect fullscreen windows, this was an instant cure, not even a restart required.:popcorn:

Boludinux
August 29th, 2009, 12:33 PM
-thanks geekcliff thanks thanks thanks
and why the hell is this thing and why is it default!! insane