PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Downloaded images MD5checksum fail

max8
May 26th, 2009, 12:16 AM
Hi,

I am trying to download the Ubuntu 9.10 image. I have downloaded it from various mirrors then following the advice on the website I then use the program MD5sum for windows to check the integrity of the iso file. However no matter what image I use from about 5 different servers I cannot get the MD5sum to match the equivalent checksum on the Ubuntuhashes page.

Am I doing something wrong? As surely 5 different images from 5 different mirrors can't be incorrect?

I have tried downloading them using freedownload manager google chrome and internet explorer.

Any advice would be much appriciated.

whoop
May 26th, 2009, 12:24 AM
Are all the "faulty" checksums the same? Maybe try a torrent?

Zorael
May 26th, 2009, 12:26 AM
If you have the image downloaded, then make a copy of it, then download the .torrent file and point it to it. IF there's something wrong with it, the torrent hashing will pinpoint it down and redownload the corrupt piece(s).

Unless, of course, you're forbidden from using torrent clients.

max8
May 26th, 2009, 12:28 AM
each of the checksums are different. I figure I must be doing something wrong as there is no way all the files could be corrupt

whoop
May 26th, 2009, 01:17 AM
each of the checksums are different. I figure I must be doing something wrong as there is no way all the files could be corrupt
I like Zorael's approach, try that.