PDA

View Full Version : Oddest 2 hr 25 min dream ever.

dragos240
May 25th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Okay, all I remember of this dream is that I was playing a game where there were 10 types of knives of which were non-lethal, but would cause the most intense pain you ever felt depending on the size. There were 3 sides you could follow, evil good, or otherwise. I worked with all 3, at last on the evil side, I helped the evil guy connect to the internet on a linux using xlinks2, he thought that it was the single best thing he had ever seen. When he said that it was the best thing he had ever seen I said "Domo arigato gozaimasu!" to thank him, because I like to thank people in japanese, but then he stopped smiling, and gave me a lecture on how I shouldn't of said that and that he was going to kill me with the number 10 knife, then I got angry because all I did was say thank you for his compliment on how well I did, then he started to get scared, and slowly I started to grow taller, and eventually he gave up and attempted to kill himself. Next thing I knew I was in a green field next to a McDonalds and everybody was turned into jello. What could this mean?

EDIT: Excuse the run-on sentences.

Xbehave
May 25th, 2009, 01:56 PM
That do sound pretty epic, it ofc means you're an evil person because you helped evil people :P, nah i doubt it means much other than you recently remembered firefly / somewhere else they expalin about torturing people (probably with knives). Oh and using linux & xlinks2 in dreams is pretty geeky, but get worried when you start remembering actual commands you type in your dreams then criticizing them because they wouldn't have worked!

But to quote liar liar "I've had better", cant remember any atm, will have to get drunk + smoke some bud and eat cheese the following day (the day after an epic sesh i get weird dreams) with a pen and paper near me to write it down in the morning. (A previous dream, i tried to see what they said it meant on yahoo answers (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Ao4lO4DauIVDyrfvLqMGsmfsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid =20071111092217AAXBqPa). I think i managed to cross parts of a few films, as well as figure out that is was a dream only to worry if i was dead.)

p.s try lucid dreaming some time its epic
p.p.s you remember dreams for longer if you dont move

ZarathustraDK
May 25th, 2009, 02:02 PM
lol, that has meme-potential : "I'm gonna kill ya with the number 10 knife."

dragos240
May 25th, 2009, 02:09 PM
lol, that has meme-potential : "I'm gonna kill ya with the number 10 knife."

Heh. That core may have had some ancillary responsibilities. I can't shut off the turret defences. Oh well. If you want my advice, you should just lie down in front of a rocket.

pwnst*r
May 25th, 2009, 02:12 PM
i had a dream once where i was being chased by evil clowns as i was climbing the Golden Gate bridge. the kicker was the bridge was made of cake.

dragos240
May 25th, 2009, 02:13 PM
i had a dream once where i was being chased by evil clowns as i was climbing the golden gate bridge. The kicker was the bridge was made of cake.

the cake is a lie!!!!!!

tgalati4
May 25th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Time to find a new source of bud.

calrogman
May 25th, 2009, 03:18 PM
When a couple of guys,
Who were up to no good,
Started making trouble in my neighborhood.
I got in one little fight and my mom got scared,
She said 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air'.

pwnst*r
May 25th, 2009, 03:22 PM
the cake is a lie!!!!!!

wut

dragos240
May 25th, 2009, 03:24 PM
wut

Just a random portal quote. You mentioned cake so...

keiichidono
May 25th, 2009, 03:29 PM
When a couple of guys,
Who were up to no good,
Started making trouble in my neighborhood.
I got in one little fight and my mom got scared,
She said 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air'.

Epic like there's no tomorrow. :popcorn:

Rainstride
May 25th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Okay, all I remember of this dream is that I was playing a game where there were 10 types of knives of which were non-lethal, but would cause the most intense pain you ever felt depending on the size. There were 3 sides you could follow, evil good, or otherwise. I worked with all 3, at last on the evil side, I helped the evil guy connect to the internet on a linux using xlinks2, he thought that it was the single best thing he had ever seen. When he said that it was the best thing he had ever seen I said "Domo arigato gozaimasu!" to thank him, because I like to thank people in japanese, but then he stopped smiling, and gave me a lecture on how I shouldn't of said that and that he was going to kill me with the number 10 knife, then I got angry because all I did was say thank you for his compliment on how well I did, then he started to get scared, and slowly I started to grow taller, and eventually he gave up and attempted to kill himself. Next thing I knew I was in a green field next to a McDonalds and everybody was turned into jello. What could this mean?

it means you should cut back on the drugs.trust me;). also, you should eat some jello.(lol,wut?)

dragos240
May 25th, 2009, 04:31 PM
it means you should cut back on the drugs.trust me;). also, you should eat some jello.(lol,wut?)

Unless you mean my prescribed meds for my ADHD, and bipolar, I don't take any.

0per4t0r
May 25th, 2009, 04:58 PM
What flavor jello did the people turn into?

dragos240
May 25th, 2009, 05:02 PM
What flavor jello did the people turn into?

mixed red green and orange

0per4t0r
May 25th, 2009, 05:04 PM
mixed red green and orange
some sort of berry, lime, and orange? Hmmmmm...
Did you happen to eat any of these people for chance?

dragos240
May 25th, 2009, 05:05 PM
nope. thats when i woke up

Xbehave
May 25th, 2009, 05:14 PM
just thought id say the above post is made of win.
fry+puzzled+jello=win

p.s Was your dream cheese induced perchance?

Vostrocity
May 25th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Nice dream.
:D
I find that I only have dreams when I have a fever, I don't know why. But anyway I just happened to have a fever last night, which was like the first time in half a year. I don't like explaining dreams because it's impossible, so I won't. But it had something to do with an assassin on a street bike chasing me in my Skyline, and it ended up that I was tailed by a dozen police cars and I gave up and got arrested. :o

0per4t0r
May 25th, 2009, 05:43 PM
I have odd dreams all the time. When I was young, I always died in my dreams. One time I was a baby, and there was a flood coming, and everyone evacuated but forgot me, and I drowned in the orange juice flood. One time I had a dream that I was rolling down a steep hill, but when I woke up, I figured out I fell off my bed in real life.

dragos240
May 25th, 2009, 06:22 PM
I have odd dreams all the time. When I was young, I always died in my dreams. One time I was a baby, and there was a flood coming, and everyone evacuated but forgot me, and I drowned in the orange juice flood. One time I had a dream that I was rolling down a steep hill, but when I woke up, I figured out I fell off my bed in real life.

Orange juice flood? COOL!

Superkoop
May 25th, 2009, 06:26 PM
p.s try lucid dreaming some time its epic

Lucid dreaming is the best thing to happen since sliced cheese! I learned how to do them on accident when I was little, and since then I can generally manage to have one on command.
However, the other night I had one on accident that I was unaware was a lucid dream.
I was dreaming that I was laying in bed, and that there were a ton of movies in a drawer (the movies aren't actually there in reality), and I was going to watch Aladdin but then my grandma came and took the dvd away so I couldn't watch it. I was upset, and I thought I woke up, but there were videos laying next to my bed that weren't there before, and there were horror movie posters in my room which weren't there before. So I was walking around in a panic because there were things which shouldn't be there! Because I really thought I was awake, it turned out I was simply lucid dreaming in a really boring way.

I find that I only have dreams when I have a fever

Actually, you dream every night, unless you've had a brain injury of some sort it's possible you wouldn't. But more than likely you have dreams every evening, and it's simply that you don't remember them. The most likely way to remember a dream is by waking up during your REM cycle - which is the period of sleeping when your dreams are most active/strange/vivid.

dragos240
May 25th, 2009, 06:35 PM
I'm not sure if this is lucid dreaming or not, but I knew I was awake, and I could crawl on the ground, but I was still dreaming of being strangled, I felt like I couldn't breathe in real life, I felt around for my mom's door and slammed it many times, I finally heard her voice and then I asked her to pour some water on me because I was dreaming of being strangled. She did and I woke up next to her door. Whew!

Wiebelhaus
May 25th, 2009, 06:44 PM

You should write all of this down and if anymore comes to you , you should do the same , I'm sure you know some of the greatest stories in history have come to the author by way dreams and also made people who would otherwise never consider themselves authors , the most famous.

A few that come to mind are:

Steven King
Stephanie Myers
John Steinbeck
Terry Goodkind

I'm sure there's hundreds if not thousands more.

Just a thought mate , Cheers!

NCLI
May 25th, 2009, 06:59 PM

Stop watching End of Evangelion before you go to bed :p

MaxIBoy
May 25th, 2009, 07:20 PM
I used to have this recurring nightmare, where there was this two-story house in a suburban neighborhood (you know the kind, where the entire street is dark and shaded with maple trees overhead, but the maple trees don't seem to have any trunks that reach the ground. You just have massive branches and maple leaves, floating 40 feet over the rooftops. You guys know what I'm talking about right? You know, I only just now realized now how weird that part was.) Anyway, in this house (which was painted white and had a balcony above the porch,) there was a closet. In this closet, there was what looked like a shard of glass, rounded at one end, made out of wood, and if you got too nearby to this object, you'd shrivel up as if you were aging really fast (from 10 to 95 years of age in mere seconds,) and then you'd turn into sand and crumble. There was this innocent coupe. Just a couple of really old folks who'd lived in the house for ages, they didn't mean any harm to anyone. Whenever I had the dream, I'd be forced to watch this innocent old lady crumble into sand (she'd always say, "I feel so... old," right before she died,) and then I'd wake up. I couldn't get close to her to save her from picking it up and looking at it, because then I'd shrivel up and die, too. I remember my point-of-view being really close to the floor in the dream, and the interior always looked dark, run-down, and sinister.

When I was about five years old, I had a dream where I was sleeping and a lot of cuddly cartoon animals were trying to wake me up so we could all play. In my dream, I was sleeping face down in the grass, in a specific part of my yard (I still live in the same place, know exactly where in the yard it was.) EDIT: I thought about it, and I realized it was actually as if that specific part of the yard was transported to a meadow. The fence and the gate was still there, and part of the ground was a specific shape, but everything else was meadow. Anyway, I think the story behind this one was that my parents were trying to wake me up so I could catch the bus.

I also had a dream where I was in a weird computer-generated 3D maze made out of rings floating in the air, and there was a scanning-electron microscope picture of the Bubonic Plague bacterium, floating in front of my face.

I had a dream where I was in this beautiful scenery, on top of a really tall hill, sitting in the grass, playing on a GameCube on a really big, theater-sized screen, and there were about 20 other people playing too, most of whom I knew. Only, in this dream, I was having an out-of-body experience, floating about 25 feet above everyone, including myself. And then I went into the screen, and in there was the exact same scene, with the hill and the GameCube and all the people. And then I floated away from it all, and all I remember was some quest with swords and slaying a friendly cartoon dragon.

More recently, I had a dream where I was on a pebble beach, maybe 20 feet visibility because of the fog, and the waves were really loud, and some woman was trying to get me to participate in some kind of art film (you know, where it's just a bunch of random scenes, and the whole film is just a metaphor or something?) Anyway, my mom woke me up to catch the bus, and the first thing I said was, "That kind of movie sucks." Then my mom said, "what?" And I said, "you know, the kind of thing where it's like..." and then I trailed off. And then my mom said, "you're still dreaming, you're just confused," and I said, "the kind of thing I'm talking about does exist, though."

I don't really remember my dreams very much, but when I do, they're very elaborate.

dragos240
May 25th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Stop watching End of Evangelion before you go to bed :p

I didn't! Although, I have watched the neon genesis evangelion series, but not the movie.

pbpersson
May 25th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Next thing I knew I was in a green field next to a McDonalds and everybody was turned into jello. What could this mean?

I believe that if everyone in your dream is turning into Jello, it might be a sign that you are working too much with wobbly windows in Ubuntu ;)

dragos240
May 25th, 2009, 10:06 PM
I believe that if everyone in your dream is turning into Jello, it might be a sign that you are working too much with wobbly windows in Ubuntu ;)

2 weeks w/o compiz.

pbpersson
May 25th, 2009, 10:08 PM
2 weeks w/o compiz.

UH-OH! I think that means you really miss it! You had better go back :o

dragos240
May 25th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Nope. I'm having too much fun playing portal.

Bölvağur
May 25th, 2009, 10:22 PM
dreams do not really mean anything... except if your teeth are falling out.. then it means you need to go to the dentist... or if you feel like you are laying down and then rolling down a cliff and hurt your self... it means you have to stand up and get back to bed.