PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't install gnomelook.org screenlets

Lostin60's
May 25th, 2009, 07:04 AM
I am using Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope, and I have a problem with screenlets. I downloaded some screenlets from gnomelook.org The screenlet-manager says it installed the new screenlets to
~/daniel/screenlets, and they are there

The problem is that only the screenlets in
/usr/share/screenlets show up below the separator in the screenlet daemon > launch screenlet > screenlet list. The ones in
~/daniel/screenlets are above the seperator and will not launch. I have to go to my
~/daniel/screenlets/* (the asterix being a screenlet folder) and double click the .py file to launch.

So if I get some screenlets from "Gnomelook.org" how do I get them to install and launch. The instructions that are on the D/L page for a given screenlet are usually, "Put the file in your screenlets folder and run from there" which isn't too helpfull. None of the screenlets have a .config file, so I don't know how to install them from terminal either.

Sorry for all the quotes, but it is more readable that way.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Greenwidth
May 25th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Can you not just drag/drop the tar.gz onto the Screenlets Manager window?

Lostin60's
May 26th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Can you not just drag/drop the tar.gz onto the Screenlets Manager window?

Here is my /usr/share/screenlets folder, at least enough to show the tar.gz file at the bottom.
/usr/share/screenlets/Sidebar
/usr/share/screenlets/Slideshow
/usr/share/screenlets/Speech
/usr/share/screenlets/Stocks
/usr/share/screenlets/Storage
/usr/share/screenlets/Sysmonitor
/usr/share/screenlets/Test
/usr/share/screenlets/Tomboy
/usr/share/screenlets/Trash
/usr/share/screenlets/VolumeControl
/usr/share/screenlets/WallpaperClock
/usr/share/screenlets/Weather1
/usr/share/screenlets/Weather2
/usr/share/screenlets/Weather3
/usr/share/screenlets/Windowlist
/usr/share/screenlets/Youtube
/usr/share/screenlets/67186-NowCalendar.tar.gz
/usr/share/screenlets/ChinaClearWeatherScreenlet.py
/usr/share/screenlets/config.ini

When I try to launch the nowcalendar from the screenlets daemon, I get a "failed to add" error. So, maybe I did it wrong, but it's not working.

Ok I just tried it by dragging to the screenlets manager window instead of the screenlets folder, an got the same message.
aa