PDA

View Full Version : Free CD's question and suggestion

Sambie
January 14th, 2006, 02:18 AM
First off I'm very happy that my free CD's that I've ordered came in today. It took longer than I thought but I'm not in anyway complaining about it.

The package that came in was in awful condition. It looked like if somebody opened the package and begain to investigate of what was inside the package. It came in to me with a blue tie over the white package. Like if somebody brought me a present. The package had a long yellow sticky with the words "Recieved in damaged conditon" including the label.

Just wondering if anybody else experienced this? I'm seriously considering of complaining to my local post office about this as I dont take too kindly of people snoping inside of my packages without permission of mine.

overall... The cds are in perfect condion. no scratches or anything..

My suggestion is to get small cardboard boxes and start putting the CDs in there. The mailroom folks wont be so brown nose about it and opening up peoples Mail.

majikstreet
January 14th, 2006, 02:26 AM
hmph.. people in Canada have had a LOT of issues with ShipIt cds - customs opening the boxes, charges, etc...

sounds like an issue with your local mail service / post office

kennyhow
January 14th, 2006, 02:58 AM
I just received my shipIt Cd's a couple days ago. The package was in good shape. All the way from france...to Portland, Oregon.

Adrenal
January 14th, 2006, 03:07 AM
My mate in China had his CD's almost destroyed by customs. Which is sort of odd, considering China is now pushing their own brand of Linux

Sambie
January 14th, 2006, 04:15 AM
hmph.. people in Canada have had a LOT of issues with ShipIt cds - customs opening the boxes, charges, etc...

sounds like an issue with your local mail service / post office

I live In South Florida. Long time ago (3 years ago, tops) I had a CD sent to me from another state and had no problem. The package wasn't torn or anything. After reading some of replies... I think it was the customs that was brown nosing :(

Please reply back if you have the same problem. I'm thinking about ordering myself another batch of cds to see if it happens again. I'm very curious.

aysiu
January 14th, 2006, 04:20 AM
Mine came in intact packaging. A couple of the CDs were falling out of their "cases," but otherwise they were fine.

xmastree
January 14th, 2006, 04:31 AM
When I received mine (without even ordering them :) ) they were in a large box, about the size of a shoe box, so some of them had come out of their cases, like aysiu's, but overall they were in good shape.
I also received a display tray. I haven't heard of anyone else getting one of these...

briancurtin
January 14th, 2006, 04:37 AM
I think it was the customs that was brown nosing :(
i dont think they were trying to suck up to you

xmastree
January 14th, 2006, 04:59 AM
I think Sambie meant being nosey, rather than brown nosing... :rolleyes:

Sambie
January 14th, 2006, 05:03 AM
I made the misake of the above my posts. I checked all of the cds that I've gotten in the mail and ALL of the PC versions of the CD's were in poor condition. Lots of scratches on the CD's. The Mac and 64Bit ones manage to survived the journey.