PDA

View Full Version : Its good to be back

rtw860
May 25th, 2009, 02:31 AM
Hey everyone it feels so good to be back, I have not regularly used linux for about a year now because all distros wouldn't run on my laptop till now kubuntu 9.04 works perfect!!!
Man I forgot how amazing linux is and how much control the commandline gives you, but oh man there are so many features that I am new to it almost feels like I am a noob all over again. Anyways how is everyone doing?

0per4t0r
May 25th, 2009, 02:34 AM
What made you choose KDE? (Just asking)

rtw860
May 25th, 2009, 02:38 AM
I have always loved kde more than gnome but that's just me, don't want to start a war on here between kde and gnome users just personal preference that's all. I have tried earlier versions of kde4 and honestly they sucked but it seems like they have worked a good bit of the bugs out now and things are looking very nice.

yey365
May 25th, 2009, 02:43 AM
Hi there.

I too have been "playing away" recently, with the Windows 7 RC and OpenSUSE 11.1, but came back to ubuntu. I have run 9.04 since early beta and across a number of systems and this version is fantastic.

I put it on my kids older laptops and they picked it up so easily (minor gripes about no being able to play the Sims) and liked the flashy bits like Compix, etc.

I think the best thing is that whatever your experience, there is something for everyone, including cli.

Welcome back,

Jim

rtw860
May 25th, 2009, 02:49 AM
Yea I was a big fan of messing with virtualization and just the added security, the good thing with linux is you can tinker with it all day long and fix most of what you break. When I would go to tinkering with windows I could never fix most of what I broke haha.