PDA

View Full Version : acer aspire one - ubuntu netbook remix 9.04 installation problem

itchan
May 24th, 2009, 10:19 AM
i downloaded this file "ubuntu-9.04-netbook-remix-i386.img" via torrent and used "image writer" to write the image file to my usb. Here comes the problem, when i plug in my usb and choose it as my 1st boot priority the ubuntu installation menu will appear but i can't navigate from the ubuntu installation menu(live cd, install ubuntu, test cd.etc.). Keyboard keys not working and also the touch pad. I try the usb in my desktop pc and the installation of ubuntu is a success. I noticed that the first step in installing ubuntu is choosing the language, but in my acer choosing the language is not there, instead it jumps into the ubuntu installion menu. Please help me, thanks!!

dandnsmith
May 24th, 2009, 12:10 PM
I think there is a need for a little more investigation somehow (haven't worked out how yet) as I had no problem using the keyboard (on AA1) to get to the 'live CD' trial (I didn't intend to commit to installing it as yet, so haven't tried that).

I wonder if you might be using a different version of the thing - mine was downloaded (and tried) 29th April.