PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] install freeze with "Configuring apt"

jfmdad
May 24th, 2009, 12:22 AM
Inst5alled 9.04 from CD on PC running win7 - great success!, now trying same procedure on other PC. Installing to new formatted ext3, the install freezes at "Configuring apt" and subtext "scanning the mirror". progress bar says 82% finished.
Any one out there have a solution?

taurus
May 24th, 2009, 12:26 AM
1. Does the network connection on that machine work at all?

2. How long have you waited for the "scanning for mirror" message?

jfmdad
May 24th, 2009, 01:15 AM
Network connection ok, when running win7 (erased now).
tried install in safe graphics mode, now stop at 82% but reporting Scanning the security updates repository....

What the hell is happening. Can it be something connected to my graphics card?

):P

taurus
May 24th, 2009, 01:18 AM
Scanning for security updates has nothing to do with your graphic card. Do you need to configure proxy before you can get out on the net? If you wait long enough, it would time out and continues with the rest of the installation.

jfmdad
May 24th, 2009, 01:24 AM
thx. I will try the waiting procedure.
I know the message is not related to my graphic card, but why a new message at 82% installed when only the safe graphic option has changed?
I just try again and hope.

jfmdad
May 24th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Problem is that install do not detect my wireless adaptor.
The adaptor is a TRENDnet TEW-423PI.
ANYONE OUT THERE WITH A SOLUTION?

jfmdad
May 24th, 2009, 07:53 PM
I have seen plenty of advices about using TEW-423PI, but my problem is that I cant use them because I can install withoput a netconnection!

yusufu
June 5th, 2009, 06:56 AM
I had the same problem (installation freezing at 82% on configuring apt) when installing gos which is based on ubuntu. Since my connection to the net was through proxy the installation was trying to access the internet but it could not get through because it didnt have the username and password supplied. What I did was to simply remove the network cable ( or disable any connection to the internet e.g wireless). The installation will gennerate a warning but you can simply click the dialogue and the installation will continue.:D