PDA

View Full Version : Average Sys Admin Pay?

kevin11951
May 23rd, 2009, 11:58 PM
My father wants to setup an office for his business that he has been running from his house for a while now (building security and networking). He is kind of cheap, so he hired me, his son with a slight knowledge of networking. He wants the following:

A SAMBA, LAMP, and CUPS server (all in one physical (ubuntu) server)
CRM of some kind (SugarCRM)
RAID 1 on the server, and periodic backup to a external hdd
5 Desktops running windows xp and associated apps for his job (he has 4 employees)
the network infrastructure for all this (cat 5e)

Now he wants me to "learn the value of working for my pay", so, what is the average pay for building an office from the floor up, and supporting it? ;)

pwnst*r
May 24th, 2009, 12:18 AM
no offense, but why do you think you deserve avg pay?

kevin11951
May 24th, 2009, 12:21 AM
no offense, but why do you think you deserve avg pay?

well, um... I was just wondering how off what he is going to pay me is from what is average, not that I deserve average.

(even though I do deserve average ;))

bashveank
May 24th, 2009, 12:50 AM
42-54,000 a year?
http://swz.salary.com/salarywizard/layoutscripts/swzl_salaryresults.asp?op=salswz%5Fpsr&jobfamilycode=19&hdOmniNarrowDesc=IT+%2D%2D+Networking&hdZipCode=&hdOmniTotalJobsFound=73&pagefrom=selectjob&hdJobCategory=IT08&hdGeoLocation=U%2ES%2E+National+Averages&countertype=0&totaljoblistnum=25&joblevelcode=1&hdCurrentPage=1&hdNarrowDesc=IT+%2D%2D+Networking&hdLocationOption=0&hdViewAllRecords=0&hdJobTitle=Network+Administrator+I&hdSearchByOption=1&hdKeyword=&rdbSearchByOption=1&hdStateMetro=&jobcounter=1&hdSortBy=0&hdJobCode=IT10000275&hdJSBoolDisplayAdvertisement=&hdAjaxKeyword=&hdAjaxKeywordWithOR=&hdAjaxDisplaySection1=1&hdAjaxDisplaySection2=0