PDA

View Full Version : Do not make any theme request on the PCLinuxOS forum!

exploder
May 23rd, 2009, 09:16 PM
I like PCLinuxOS and have been a fan of Texstar's work for some time now. PCLinuxOS is an awesome distribution and the level of quality is very high.

There is a section on the PCLinuxOS forum, "Artwork & Theme Requests", you are supposed to be able to request a theme and if it is within the set guide lines someone will pick it up and create it.

I made such a request, here it is.

http://www.pclinuxos.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=58&topic=55358.0

My request was made April, 4th, 2009, the request was supposedly picked up and the thread was locked! Did the thread really need to be locked? Well I looked every day hoping to see a shiny new theme to install but there was never anything there... After a month I made a new thread asking if there was any news on the theme I requseted, I just got an excuse and was told to be patient. Well today I posted in the thread and it was deleted by the moderator that granted the theme request!

I originally asked another talented artist if he could make the theme but he was asked by the guy that granted the theme request not to make it because he was going to create it!

It has been nearly two months since I made the request, my thread was locked, another was deleted. Today I was told that I was informed that there would be two themes made from my requested theme and that one is for the next release of PCLinuxOS. I was never informed of anything!

At least if such a theme ever exists I know that I am the one that came up with the idea in the first place!

I now completely understand all of the negative posts I have read about the moderators on the PCLinuxOS forum. This guy is such a jerk! How does someone get placed as a moderator with no communication skills? Doesn't anybody supervise what this guy does? What gives this guy the right to lock and delete threads that are well within the forum guidelines?

I like most of the moderators on the PCLinuxOS forum but this guy has really crossed the line.

Tews
May 23rd, 2009, 09:38 PM
And your reason for posting your rant in the Ubuntu Forum is .. ??

Erik Trybom
May 23rd, 2009, 09:40 PM
Dude, make that complaint to the PCLinuxOS forum staff, not to us. We can't do anything about it.

buzzmandt
May 23rd, 2009, 09:40 PM
And your reason for posting your rant in the Ubuntu Forum is .. ??

best question I've seen in years....

Giant Speck
May 23rd, 2009, 09:41 PM
This isn't the place to complain about other forums, especially considering that the person or persons you are complaining about aren't here to defend themselves.

Elfy
May 23rd, 2009, 09:49 PM
as others have said here is not the place to deal with your issue - if you need to do so I would suggest you look to the PCLinux forum.

Without looking I assume they have something in place.