PDA

View Full Version : What are the best websites to see music and songs rate?

Gucko
May 23rd, 2009, 05:36 PM
Hi guys, I don't really follow recent music and songs so I don't know what's good and what's not. What are the best websites to see music and songs rates? Like top 10 and something like that.

Thanks in advance.

edm1
May 23rd, 2009, 05:45 PM
Last.fm is by far my favourite music site. It creates charts of artist/songs that people listen to using their media players and is very good for finding artists similar to those you like already.

Gucko
July 4th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Is there a famous Internet Radio website other than Pandora? Pandora is restricted in my country. I'm not in the US.

Gucko
July 4th, 2009, 10:59 AM
My plan is the following:
I want to buy an iPod Touch + a Sony Hi-Fi (not fancy about $130) with an iPod dock. I want to get an app for internet radio and to connect my iPod to the Hi-Fi so I can enjoy the internet radio through my iPod and Hi-Fi.

I don't want to run my computer everytime to listen to music that's I want to do this.

The problem now is that Pandora is restricted :(

koleoptero
July 4th, 2009, 11:29 AM
As above I'll point you to the www.last.fm site. It's the best IMHO.

HappinessNow
July 4th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Is there a famous Internet Radio website other than Pandora? Pandora is restricted in my country. I'm not in the US.
Couldn't you just use a proxy server to access Pandora?

Giant Speck
July 4th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Couldn't you just use a proxy server to access Pandora?

On his iPod Touch?

HappinessNow
July 4th, 2009, 11:46 AM
My plan is the following:
I want to buy an iPod Touch + a Sony Hi-Fi (not fancy about $130) with an iPod dock. I want to get an app for internet radio and to connect my iPod to the Hi-Fi so I can enjoy the internet radio through my iPod and Hi-Fi.

I don't want to run my computer everytime to listen to music that's I want to do this.

The problem now is that Pandora is restricted :(

On his iPod Touch?

He doesn't have an iPod touch yet.

LinuxFox
July 4th, 2009, 12:30 PM
I don't use ratings, but I remember looking at this site called Rate Your Music (http://rateyourmusic.com/), and it has user ratings. It's user-driven the ratings, but I think it might be worth looking at.

Gucko
July 4th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Using proxy in iPod Touch needs OS 3.0. Also I have a relatively slow connection so using a proxy will make the streaming worse.

Gizenshya
July 4th, 2009, 04:00 PM

wow... I love pandora.

You could try a proxy. Get tor and set it to use a US IP. that will hopefully work...

Gucko
July 4th, 2009, 04:05 PM
wow... I love pandora.

You could try a proxy. Get tor and set it to use a US IP. that will hopefully work...

iPod Touch?! I don't want to use a computer

Gizenshya
July 4th, 2009, 04:18 PM
oh...

well ipods are notorious for their incompatibility with essentially everything, so you're probably screwed as far as pandora goes.

can you use pandora with a subscription? or is it just completely blocked?

you might just have to use your mp3's, or get some :(