PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] compiz fusion doesnt work

Robertmagical
May 23rd, 2009, 04:45 PM
Hello! I have installed the ubuntu 9.04, it is very nice and easy to use, then I have installed the compiz-fusion.deb, and something else involved(the deb format package),the ccsm icon appeard on the control panel, but when I click it , nothing happend. But it really works on ubuntu 8.10, so is that because the compiz-fusion is not the latset version?

Happy_Man
May 23rd, 2009, 05:24 PM
Did you install from the repositories?

Robertmagical
May 23rd, 2009, 06:08 PM
Did you install from the repositories?
Thank you Happy_Man,
No, I have downloaded the deb file , and then double click it to install. It works on INTREPID IBEX.

Happy_Man
May 23rd, 2009, 07:26 PM
Have you installed the proper drivers for your video card? If you have not installed any new drivers since installing, you should do that first.

If you have, then it might be easier to install from the repos. Most likely the .deb you have is not meant to be used on anything other than intrepid ibex.

open a terminal (Applications --> Accessories --> Terminal) and enter the following:

sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager compiz

Robertmagical
May 24th, 2009, 05:08 AM
Have you installed the proper drivers for your video card? If you have not installed any new drivers since installing, you should do that first.

If you have, then it might be easier to install from the repos. Most likely the .deb you have is not meant to be used on anything other than intrepid ibex.

open a terminal (Applications --> Accessories --> Terminal) and enter the following:

sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager compiz

Thanks ,Happy_Man, I will try to install from repos. :D