PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgrading Ubuntu and resizing Wubi

marticc
May 23rd, 2009, 12:27 PM
Hi, I would like to ask some questions about upgrading Ubuntu. Some months ago, I installed Ubuntu 8.10 using wubi (in a windows folder), and I give Ubuntu 10 GB (now I just have 5 GB available). I would like to upgrade my Ubuntu (and install the latest version). So, the questions are:

Will 5 GB be enough to upgrade my Ubuntu?

Is there a way to increase the size of my Ubuntu Folder, without uninstalling Ubuntu (delete the folder) and reinstalling it again?

During all this time I have “created” my own Ubuntu: I have installed some software, I have customized the desktop (by installing new themes, icons, desklets, Compiz Fusion...). I really like my current settings, and if i uninstalled Wubi (with Ubuntu 8.10), and I reinstalled it (with Ubuntu 9.04 and more GB), I would have to start from scratch, and that is a pain (it took me a long time to create my own Ubuntu). Is there a way to make a backup of all these settings, so that when I install Ubuntu 9.04, ( or in case I ever have a problem and I have to reinstall it all) I can get my settings back easily ?.

Thanks for your answers.

PS: Sorry for my terrible English, I hope you can understand what my problem is

marticc
June 28th, 2009, 11:52 AM
I would like to let you know that I finally fixed my problem by resizing the virtual disk -ubuntu folder- using LVPM (this program is supposed to be designed for Ubuntu 7.*, but it worked with Ubuntu 8.10); and then I upgraded to Ubuntu 9.04.

For more info: http://lubi.sourceforge.net/lvpm.html